cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language key in translation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have created a sales office and the description maintained is in English. I want the description to be in Chinese as well. Hence when I go to Go To -> Translations , I was not able to find the Chinese language key there.

Can anyone please help me understand, how to get the different language keys in the translation.

Thanks in advance,

Beatle.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally when you create an entry in English and select translate from go to all permitted languages should be there. The problem specified by you could be because of:

You are using older version of SAP where Chinese language was not included.

If you are sure that the Chinese language already available in your version but at present you are not able to use means u2013 someone from Basis should take a look.

The below links could help you out. (I found them in other forum)

Execute the report RSCPINST in SA38/SE38

Just make the selection of all languages on 'Enter languages' tab and click on the simulate button on toolbar.

Make the changes as suggested by the simulation result.

Also take a look

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b4/54601d77f38e429ffad9e3e11c1b25/frameset.htm

Br, Sats.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much dear

Beatle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beatle,

did you find the chinese language now? it would be great if you could share what steps you have done to get the solutions, so that, any other who has the same issue can easily solve it.

Thank you

Br, Sats.

0 Kudos

Which is your SAP version and which is UTF std. used?ECC6 supports UTF8 and UTF16.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beatle,

Have you tried it, when you log in with the chiness language.

Try it once when you logged in with the language Chinese, I think it should be there with langauage key ZH Chinese.

Please try and revert back with your findings.

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi again

thanks for your response, I can indeed log into with the chinese language and maintain it there, and this is what i have been doing,

But i want to get the languages in the translation, instead of logging with the different country langauges.

beatle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Beatle,

Have you searched the Chinese language with ZH Key?

Regards,

MT