cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM program running too long BBP_GET_STATUS_2 and is locking carts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Program BBP_GET_STATUS_2 appears to be running for more than 7-8 minutes at a time, and apparently is locking carts (especially those that buyers are in the process of approving)/

The variant we are using is wide open (i.e. there are not selections) what can we do to ensure that it is not looking at every single cart item and only addressing those that are open?

please advise, we are using SRM Server 50 EBP 40, on SAP 47,

Thank you.

Bill

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

BBP_GET_STATUS_2 should not be executed with default parameters, otherwise for each run you will scan all the SC !!!

To only address those that are open, use the flag "Delivery completed ind.".

I have a customer creating 50 000 SC per months.

So I used a variant with:

- SC of last <b>30</b> days (because for this customer, the order cycle should be closed in 30 days)

- Deletion indicator = '' (we don't care about deleted SC)

- Deletion indicator in BE = '' (idem)

- Delivery completed ind = '' (once the SC is received, it is closed in SRM, and does not appear in default "Check status", neither in PO to be received

Another variant scan all the SC from last 365 days, but runs only once a week.

In this case, we don't care about updating SC with invoiced quantity, so once the SC is received, we don't look at it anymore.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will see about changing the values as you have described,fortunately we only have one client and one back end system. We are on a Classic scenario, so we do want the carts updated as possible.

Would having this program running as long as it is and as often (currently running every 11 minutes) be part of the problem that we are seeing with buyers getting 'locked' out of a cart when they are in the process of updating?

Also has anyone heard of any OSS notes that can be implemented to allow "Approvers" to view in display mode a Cart in the approval queue rather than going directly into "change mode" that may also help.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked our values here is what we have, please advise as to which should be changed

Shopping Carts (blank)

Logical System (blank)

SCs in Last ... Days (blank)

Delivered Value = 0

Deletion Indic. not set in BE (Set with X)

Deletion indicator not set (Set with X)

Delvry Completed Ind. not set

Delivered Quantity = 0

Read Item Data First

Invoiced Quantity = 0

Invoiced Value = 0

Memory ID for Export Memory

To start we can change

SCs in Last ... Days (to time frame to a range

30-40 days) What about some of ther other values?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Those parameters are used to filter the SC to be scanned.

In my example, I flagged "Delvry Completed Ind. not set", so closed SC (those ones that have the delivey complete ind) are not processed anymore.

Rgds

Christophe

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member17907
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

In order to keep the run time of BBP_GET_STATUS_2 low, run several different variants of the job scheduled at different times and frequencies. For example, run BBP_GET_STATUS_2 every 11 minutes (as you are doing now) for all shopping carts of the last 10 days, and then define another job for Shopping Carts of the last 30 days which runs twice per day, and finally another one for all Shopping Carts that runs every weekend. This will improve the performance and should have no influence at the system functionality as normally most shopping carts will get closed within 30 days.

If the program continues to run for a long period of time after you do this, you can open a message to component XX-SER-TCC and Support can take a look at what is going on.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Geoff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

Ensure that this program is running by only one user id if this progrm is running by more then one user id there will be always over lapping gap.

this program has to be executed in each client.

do not select any variant just execute in specific client you are opreating .

Make sure that userid has SAP ALL access .

regards,

Nimish sheth