cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP(with SSL)=HTTPS without Client Authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a Web-service-PI-Proxy scenario where we use SOAP Sender Adapter with HTTP.This works fine with the PI user name/password.Now we are planning to use HTTPS without Client Authentication.Once the required certificates are installed,will it be still required to give the User Name/Password??

I have read couple of posts on the same which says, once the certificates are installed,it may not ask for credentials.

Please could anyone confirm.

Thanks,

Sowmya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi sowmya,

Even if you are using the normal HTTP ..in the sender SOAP adapter...the sender application just has to use that username and pwd in their calling program..it is better to handle at the webservice end

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. You don't need to give user credentials if you have the certificates installed.

Actually, you can see for yourself, by chosing that option, the user id and pwd fields will disappear in the adapter configuration.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your response.

However,when Soap sender is used,I am not able to see an option for entering the authentication while selecting any of the three protocols in the drop-downs for security levels.But in the receiver channel we have the option for setting up based on certificate authentication or user authentication.

Please let me know your thoughts on how to configure the soap sender adapter on HTTPS without client authentication.

Thanks,

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

To the best of my knowledge you wouldn't have to provide the user credentials once you do the required SSL configurations to enable a HTTPS call, as then it would be a trusted service connecting to your PI system.

Regards,

Abhy