Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM P&F - Consolidating workitems in the UWL

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

My client would like to consolidate the multiple forms created via a mass start process (EhP4) into one since the manager would end up with 10/20/30/however many approvals to make. For this to occur I believe I need to:

1. Also trigger a 'master' workflow to control the others.

2. Develop a bespoke WDA for display via the UWL which would list the approvals to be made and the headline details for each and also allow the manager to drill down to an individual form by selecting a row.

3. Remove the approval work item tasks from the original workflows and control the flow via events.

Does this sound feasible?

Cheers

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is something I never understood.....SAP seemed rushed to make the mass processing possible, but didn't think through to the ACTUAL apporval part of it. Uggg. I bet it comes in future EhPs.

I actually asked for this WAY back in one of my first blogs....because my client already did something like it with another product. They actually wanted it to be more complex, but way more useful...yes, mass processing and yes, each launching it's own process, but the ability to view "ancestry" of the processes back to their "parent" and all children.....and with that, the ability to approve each process individually (the children) or at once (via the parent). It made sense to me....mentioned it in the blog....and still waiting to see it done. haha

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

Yes, I expect to see this functionality to be much improved in EhP5. It's a bit clunky at the moment but we'll see!

Cheers

Ian

IanStubbings
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Solved by using the means described, so yes, it is possible.