cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change standard Component Configuration for ESS and MSS?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I need to change the page header of ESS and MSS applications :

ESS Application: HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_ESS

MSS Application: HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_MSS

However, when I changed them in STD COMP.Cofig of FPM_IDR_COMPONENT , Config ID : HAP_IDR_POWL_CONF with WB request they do not reflect. Any idea why? Can you please help me with the steps on how to change it? Also, I need different Page headings for Ess and MSS. how do I manage that?

General Information About the Application and Component

Application: HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_ESS/HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI_MSS

Web Dynpro Component: FPM_IDR_COMPONENT

Window Information: IDR

View Information: IDR_VIEW

Configuration ID: HAP_IDR_POWL_CONF

Information on Field

Field ID: PAGE_HEADER

Type of UI Element: PAGE_HEADER

UI Element Library: PATTERN

Highly appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

this is happening because the IDR title is also being set in WDDOINIT method of component contoller.

That's why your settings are not being refleced.

Go to WD Component HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI method DOINIT

here they are fetching reference of IDR and setting title as Employee Documents by fetching text symbol with ID 'EED'.

( line 22 ).

You can either craete a new text symbol and change the code to fetch this newly created text symbol of yours

or

you can comment the call to method set_applicaton_title in WDDOINIT method and then change the title in IDR configuration.

Regards

Manas Dua

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Manas,

I am facing the same problem..but I am not able to see any code inside the WDDOINIT Method of WD Component HAP_START_PAGE_POWL_UI. Can u tell me how to change the title from Employee Documents to custom text.

Thanks

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I m working on similar req., can you please give info, on how to modify the standard application configuration, and FPM_IDR_COMPONENT for changing the heading

Regards,

Srikanth.