cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in connecting to VDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

IDM will get the Employee information from HCM Sytem through VDS as a report (rpldap_extract_idm) will be executed automatically when scheduled. During this process the connection to VDS through LDAP is getting failed some times.

LDAP connection to VDS has failed due to some connectivity issue. The error it displayed is like this "No LDAP connection is Active". As a result, VDS is unable to process some of the records during this inactive state. Is there any possibility to trace the Employees numbers, whose records are not processed in VDS. How to activate and view logs in VDS. Please help us in finding a solution for this.

Thanks in Advance,

Joel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. I've already checked the above report (using TCode -SA38). The error that I see here is 'NO LDAP connection is ACTIVE'. This happens sporadically. But in most instances, the scheduled job(for the report RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM) executed successfully.

My doubts

1. Can I have the list of Personnel numbers which had failed during the error. I'm not able to get this info form HRLDAP_PERNR table as the status of these Personnel numbers shows 'PROCESSED', which is not right?

2. What could be the reason for this intermittent disconnectivity?

Will be glad to see a solution to this.

Regards,

Joel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you activate the connector in transaction LDAP -> LDAP Connectors?

There is a guide on SDN which explains that step by step.

mubarakshabna_asmi
Participant
0 Kudos

Joel,

Running Report SPLDAP_DISPLAY_LOG_TABLES in the HCM system should help.

Thanks

Shabna