cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why the Message Mapping in XI is so complicated? or why XI MM is on the Field level and not on the record level.

For example if I have a record like

BuildingNo Aptno Tenantname

and I want to sort on Aptno, in other languages, simply I need to say

"Sort on " Aptno and the whole record will be sorted.

BUT in XI its not True.

2) If I want to send only the records which have Buildingno = "Ruby" then in XI I need to place the above condition in all the fields?

Any idea? Whether it is a DESIGN Fault?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you ask me...It is not complicated..It takes a little bit of time..and more over XI is less of a programmtic language(like sort on records etc) and more from an EAI perspective..we have many ways to do the same kind of feauters..Somethings might be complex due to its open standards and support of two platforms..

But I agree that message mapping has to be enhanced in future realease for making it more developer friendly..

And relatively XI is new product and it takes ample time to rock in all the ways!

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

<i>Why the Message Mapping in XI is so complicated?</i>

>>Are you comparing this with any other EAI tool here ?

<i>2) If I want to send only the records which have Buildingno = "Ruby" then in XI I need to place the above condition in all the fields?</i>

>>>Not required.. There are lots of options here. Before Mapping executes , you can sort these things out..

1) FIrst if you use Module Processor(File->XI scenario) then you can make sure that only the records having Ruby is sent to mapping ...i.e next part of processing

2) If you are using File content conversion, you can make make sure that , only the Records having Ruby is passed into the XI..by using KeyFieldvalues

3) Use Java Mapping for this..

<i>

Any idea? Whether it is a DESIGN Fault?</i>

>>I don't think so, and not sure here

but, SAP will improve Mapping Editor hopefully similar like Java Editor in future releases.. (on 2007)..this is just my guess

Just my views here..

Regards,

Moorthy

Message was edited by: Krishna Moorthy P