cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pros and Cons of Proxy Vs (Idoc/RFC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I find a Detailed document that lists the Advantages and DisAdvantages of Proxy Vs (IDOC/RFC).

2) When to use a Proxy and when not?

Trying to preapre a case study on the above topic. Your support will help me a lot.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

as far as I know there's only one "document"

my weblog

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

Regards,

michal

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

great weblog with streight explanation.

I'm a PI consultant and I already know that differences (as well as their adjvantages).

However, my client would like to see the SAP Note containing such information.

Do you know what note is that ?

I spent a lot of time searching, but untill now I didn't find it.

Thanks a lot,

Rafael Vieira.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

RFC and Proxy:

RFC/BAPI has its own overhead of function call.

Proxies communicate with the XI server by means of native SOAP calls over HTTP .RFC does not, so you have to convert from SOAP to RFC calls and vice versa. So XML conversion is required.

ABAP Proxies uses Webservice and Http Protocols.

If you use ABAP Proxy , you can reduce the overhead calling the function again and again

Also go thru this thread-

Also go thru this blog-

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/08/14/choose-the-right-adapter-to-integrate-with-sap-systems

Proxy and Idoc:

IDOC : After recieving the strucutred data It processes it using a Function Module associated with it.

Proxy : Proxy is a structure where there is no processing function module associated. You need to explicitly write the Business Logic/Call the subroutines here

This may be one way of explaining..

Regards,

Moorthy

Message was edited by: Krishna Moorthy P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Michal and Krishna. Michal I have gone thru this 3509 blog quite some time ago.

I am trying to find out the reasons when to use Proxy and when not?

Its looks like there is NO such document exits. Only 3509.

Thanks a lot.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Did you look at Blog no 2162.. I think that will give you more insight into the question..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the sender/receiver structure is not suitable to the RFC or IDoc then we preffer the Proxy.

If we want to send the data to SAP system then we can use the ABAP proxy

If we want to send the data to non sap system then we can preffer the java proxy (adapters cost is high).

Proxy uses the native SOAP protocols, so the integration engine is easily understand and performance is also high.

Proxy we can use either for synchronous as well as asynchronous.

When we want to update the data in the sap tables we can use the ABAP proxy code instead of the JDBC adapter.

Proxy allows the application acknowledgements.

Regards

Ramesh

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Does anybody knows what is the SAP note (or SAP reference) containing this recommendation of usage Abap Proxy instead of RFC adapter? And how can I take it?

I searched in MarketPlace and here (SDN) but without success.

Thanks a lot,

Rafael Vieira.