cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chnage in Header text when changing the customer

0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When i change the customer in sales quotation all the text in header text fields remove. i want to retain this text while change the customer. Can anybody help me who can i retain the Header Text when i change the customer.

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ahmed

Your question is not very clear , you are maintaining customer related text or document related text , if its document related text then you can maintain same text for any customer but where as if it is customer related you can't maintain same text for diffrent customers

hope it will help you

Regards

Venkat

Edited by: K.Venkata Chalapathi on Mar 1, 2010 3:47 PM

0 Kudos

i am maintaining document related text, if i change the customer number in quotation this document text automatically remove. Kindly inform how can i maintain this document text if i change the customer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even it is the document text which is maintained by you in quotation,will be changed if you change the sold-to-party.

The text that is maintained either at the Header level or at the item level will be changed if you change the sold-to-party.

It is the standard setting in SAP.

Because Sold-to-party is the key field which controls the whole document.So if you change the sold-to-party means every thing will be redetermined.So that the text will be changed.

For maintaining the text as not changeable,in standard there is no setting.I think with ABAP coding it may be possible.

Ask you ABAPer to check whether there is any thing that will be used to check this text.

Regards,

Krishna.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is technical issue. Take help of your ABAP consultant and try to fix it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sales text will flow to the quotation/sales order from the customer master (sold to party) data. If you change the customer number obviously, the text will get redetermined for the new customer that you enter. You need to maintain this text for the new customer in the customer master. If you want the same text, you can maintain the same texts for all customers.

Regards,

Raghav