cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allows to change quantity in sales order lesser that already billed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am new to SD and I have encountered an issue. Please help me finding a solution. The details are given below:

1. I have a sales order with 1 line item with quantity 5

2. I bill the sales order for quantity 4

3. Someone goes and change the quantity in sales order to 2 which is wrong because an invoice of 4 has already been raised.

4. System gives a information message telling that an invoice has already been raised for quantity 4 but the person ignores and saves the sales order.

I would like system to display an error message and stop the person from saving the sales order in this scenario.

Kindly let me know where can I make the changes in configuration to achieve the same.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

First you are welcome in the forum.

Regarding your question, Just follow the steps given below.

Go to T-code OVAH ---> Select the message type "V4 083" --> Scroll right hand side of this message --> In the Category Column change the Warning "W" to Error "E"

So next time if somebody will try to reduce the order quantity which is already processed then system give error.

Hope it will resolve your issue.

Regards,

MT

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only solution to this is user exit.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh K Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx...got it

Edited by: AJAY VEERAMANENI on Apr 26, 2010 12:34 PM

andrea_olivieri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it seems that the only possible solution is to implement a userexit (fired on change of the item quantity ) that checks the sales document item billing status and the related billing items in the document flow (for quantity check).

The right routine is USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAP in the include MV45AFZB.

Useful documentation can be found here:

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPLO/SDUserexits]

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/1c/f62c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm]

Regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks MT,

I made the changes in OVAH but it still allows me to change the qty in sales order and just throws a warning.

Please find below the exact warning message:

For item 000010, the following has been invoiced: 3 EA

Message no. V1033

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Your scenerio is

Order --> deiver ---> billing

OR

Order---> Billing

Please confirm.

Regards,

MT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MT,

It is Order -> Billing.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thats why the above solution has not worked. The above solution is for delivery related orders.

I have tried the same scenerio as yours, I mean the order related Billing and Once the billing is done then I again open the order and tried to change the quantity.

System give me the red error

For item 000010, the following has already been invoiced: 3 PC

Message no. V1518

That was the error Rajesh, As per my understanding we cant customize V1 Messages. These are hard coded in the progam.

Please contact to your ABAPer and ask him/her to analyse the process in Debuging mode.

One more interesting thing I have found

My credit memo request already billed for 3 quantities

When I am tring to decrese the quantity, it gives me red error V1518.

But when I increase the quantity its give me same error V1518 but only as information, after enter it accept.

I think it really needs technical analysis.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

MT

Edited by: M T on Mar 1, 2010 6:44 PM