Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue Name and Message ID,RWB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please tell me the following

1.How do we come to know about the Queue name?Using SMQR,SMQ1,SMQ2?

2.Can we change the queue name ?If so how?

3.How do we come to know about the Message ID?Can we change it?If so then how?

4.How to send the message ?Using RWB->Component Monitoring->Integration Engine?If not tehn how?

5.How to restart Integration Engine and Adapter Engine?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

looks to me interview question

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>

> 1.How do we come to know about the Queue name?Using SMQR,SMQ1,SMQ2?

I think yiu know SMQR is used for to registering queues in PI,SMQ1 for Out bound processing queue,SMQ2 Inbound processing Queues.

For every message processing PI will select queues dynamically at run time, i dont think its possile to assign particluar queue for an interface,but we ca see which queue is used, you can see in SXMB_MONI,check the message ,it will show the queue name along with message ID.

> 2.Can we change the queue name ?If so how?

Not sure..!!!

> 3.How do we come to know about the Message ID?Can we change it?If so then how?

Message id genaratede by PI using some standard alogorithm.like to make its unique,i think its not posible to change message ID,but we can append some extra value to that,i guess. The message ID genarated at run time.

i tried in MQ to change MQMD Message its also like PI Message id,but its not allowed me to change,but its allowed me to append extra value, so iguess it also same with PI Message ID.

may be try with dynamic configuration.

> 4.How to send the message ?Using RWB->Component Monitoring->Integration Engine--->Test message option there yiu have to give interface details.

other way is RWB->Component Monitoring->Adapter Engine-->Test message,this one also works.

> 5.How to restart Integration Engine and Adapter Engine?

refer below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/12/5dd23aaad7b3408dde3c1577fda5b3/frameset.htm

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raja,

Thanks for the reply.

1.How do we come to know about whether the message is failed or not?If it is failed then can we resened it using sxmb_moni or sxi_monitor?

2.What is the difference between sxmb_moni and sxi_monitor?

3.Where can we see the ABAP Mapping seccess or failure?

4.Where can we see the proxy messages?insxmb_moni?

5.What can we see in the Communication Channel Monitoring?Can you give any example?

Thanks in advance.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> 1.How do we come to know about whether the message is failed or not?If it is failed then can we resened it using sxmb_moni or sxi_monitor?

When you execute a scenario, you can see the status of message in SXMB_MONI ,like executed without errors or any errors(like mapping,configuration ......),if the message flag in moni Red means the message failed,duw to some reasons..

we can restart message in MONI it self,chekn in sdn for blog

when yiu click on the message it will give error description where message failed.

> 2.What is the difference between sxmb_moni and sxi_monitor?

You can easily identify the difference when you execute transactions in PI.

SXI_MONITOR is used to monitor the messages on Integration Engine,SXMB_MONI is used to monitor teh Processed XML messages in integration Server.

Through SXMB_MONI also we can navigate the SXI_MONITOR by selecting Processed XML Messages Option.

for more information search in SDN.

> 3.Where can we see the ABAP Mapping seccess or failure?

Only ABAP Mapping runs on ABAP Stack,but we ca test same using Operation/Interface mapping.if any error occurs it will show in Mpaping level.

to debug the mapping you have to check ABAP Workbench ,because we use ABAP work bench to develop ABAP Mapping.

but end to end erros it will show in Moni.

> 4.Where can we see the proxy messages?insxmb_moni?

There is no difference,we can see message in SXM_MONI only.

> 5.What can we see in the Communication Channel Monitoring?Can you give any example?

>

Suppose you have configured one file communication channel, when you monitor the communication channel it will show the configuration correct or not,in communication channel monitoring we hav aq controm to start or stop communication channel.

Regards,

Raj