cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI 7.0 Flat File FTP Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an ERP 2005-NetWeaver system installed and in process. In the XI(now called PI) we have it set up properly checked x3 by 2 different people and the SM and SLD up and configured. Our first Business Scenario was to pull an iDoc from ERP 2005 and deliver it to the PO for a Legacy non-SAP system. It eventually worked, the problem turned out to be "rights".

Scenario 2 is to pull a Flat File via adapter FTP:// from the FTP Server to the ERP 2005 system. It dosn't work, log below, it appears to just disappear somewhere between the FTP:// server and the XI box integration engine or before. We have tested the FTP Transfer from each machine using the MS Srvr FTP service and it works there just fine (even used the exact same sub-directories and user/attributes. We have also changed OS rights on the:

.../XIREPOSITORY/* and all sub-directories to: Group;Everyone, Role: Full Control. We have done numerous other things I'm too embarrassed to even mention, yet we still get the same response:

<u><b>HOCFTP2MAIL_Sender</b></u>

Sender Adapter v2703 for Party 'Holly_DataStream', Service 'HOC_Read DataStreamFile.'

Configured at 2006-06-13 10:53:03 CDT

History:

-2006-06-13 13:11:03:09 CDT: Processing started

-2006-06-13 13:11:02:09 CDT: Error: Retrieving file 'LOADPAYABLE1.xml' failed unexpectedly: FTPEx: Directory does not exists

-2006-06-13 13:11:02:08 CDT: Processing started

-2006-06-13 13:11:02:08 CDT: Error: Retrieving file 'LOADPAYABLE1.xml' failed unexpectedly: FTPEx: Directory does not exists

-2006-06-13 13:11:02:07 CDT: Processing started

HOC READFile is set to 'inactive' as it never yeiled any information of use at this problem just one mamonth file.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pat

It clearly says that it dont have the directory. Also eventhough it is there might be you would have given wrong credentials. So can you please once again give and check? After this go to sxmb_moni and check whether you find any error?

In the last try to check the message display tool so that you can know till where your message has flown? You can log into the message display tool from http://<hostname>:<portno>/MessagingSystem/monitor/auditlog.jsp

Regards,

---Satish

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure about this, but check the Upper/lowercase. XI is case sensitive.

Also, maybe you have used the wrong slash in building your directory path? I have not tested, but I know JAVA usually uses a forward slash instead of the backslash Windows uses...

Regards,

Yordy

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>Retrieving file 'LOADPAYABLE1.xml' failed unexpectedly: FTPEx: Directory does not exists</i>

>>>Is your Sender File Adapter is configured correctly?

like FTP server IP, Directory path, filename etc.. Because it tells, there is no directory exists..

Also check the permissions for the directory

CHeck this.. Also make sure that , you can connect to FTP server from XI box thru IP address.(Some security if any)..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I did, even used the Windows FTP service invoked from the proper subdirectory using the proper credentials and password. thte file was written just fine then. Can't get it to run in an XI environment. The screwy thing is that in configuration for the job it runs every 60 minutes (we will shorten the time interval when we get it to work) and it is looking for '*.xml' and it returns the proper name 'LOADPAYABLE1.XML'. So it can see it!!

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the connection Mode of the Sender File Adapter.

Also check that, if your directory name has any special characters etc.

Also make sure the <i>ReadOnly Option</i> in the File Adapter Configuration is Checked.

Refer SAP note on File Adapter- 821267

Check File Locking,Connection Mode, also check Question no.27.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy