cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstall SAP Instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are using HP-unix,oracle 8.2 & BI 7.0.Now BI 7.0 will not be used now so we need to uninstall it.My question is it possible to uninstall BI 7.0 Instance without the help of sapinst tool??If so how??Please tell me the best process for uninstalltion??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, looks only BI running on your system and since you decided not use BI anymore the harm in using sapinst?

Probably you need to explain more in details about what you are planning to after uninstalling BI..

-Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sekhar we will install non-sap product..Please tell me is there any process other than sapinst tool??Reason why I am saying: Because we are having HP-unix & Reflection is not working properly..

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are planning to install non-SAP product then, is SAP (current build) in exclusive disk (volume) if so you can very much format the disk/volume contains SAP installation and then proceed with non-SAP build?

If your SAP build existing along with other application/important data, then one way that i can think off

1. delete the SAP build folder/directories

2. remove corresponding services

3. remove corresponding registry entries

4. remove corresponding environment variable setup

5. and any other that you feel has reference to sap installation

But, it's not the right way performing when we have sap way of doing the same...anyways try the above steps and hope you can meet your requirements.

-Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shekar we are having other applications in the app server so format is not possible..If I perform the deletion activities which you have mentioned then I do not have to use sapinst tool at all??Am I right??As I am in HP-Unix not able to open Reflection so any suggestions how can I use sapinst tool ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you don't require sapinst but note it won't clean/complete removal.

-Sekhar

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you fix the issue with your reflexion and do it the right way?.... It can't be too dificult

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need complete removal..So I understood that we require sapinst tool for complete deletetion..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan For relection to use we require certain bandwidth but our client is not providing that..So is there any alternatives other than reflection to use for gui based tool in HP-unix??

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Theres lots of different programs... at the end of the day reflexion is only used for Xserver... you can have reflexion in your PC and call the box using putty... it should work without issues. Also the client needs to understand the advantage of a good link when doing this kind of work

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The client is not SAP Freak..They like Microsdoft tech more..Thanks for your suggestions

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Instance cannot be uninstall properly without sapinst tool.

Regards,

Subhash