Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC 6.0 (ABAP+JAVA) High Availability System Installation

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to perform a installation of ECC 6.0 SR3 (ABAP+JAVA) on HP-UX 11.31 Cluster with Oracle 10g database.

Now I have gone through the installation guide to get the idea of file system/mount points needs to be created on local disks of cluster nodes and the file systems/mount points needs to be created on NFS (SAN).

So it will be helpful if someone can guide me the file systems/mount points needs to be created on different locations (local disks & SAN).

Thanks & Regards,

Manish Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

In HA setup, ensure the Central Service (ASCS, SCS) disk and all DB related disks in SAN environment.

And you can have DI instances in local drive.

Because if any failure to either of the cluster nodes (assume 2 systems in cluster setup) the SAN based disks gets fail-over to other possible node and anyways you have DI instance running locally on each node.

so business never stops

-Sekhar

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Thanks for your reply.

I have certain queries about Cluster Installation also as below as I have two system cluster:

1. Do we need to install Oracle home also on SAN only as in Windows MSCS we install oracle home on both the nodes?

2. I am defining below file systems as per your suggestions on SAN, kindly let me know if they are correct and if any other additional file system is also required:

/usr/sap

/sapmnt

/oracle

/oracle/SEP/oraarch

/oracle/SEP/sapdata1

Also for additional DIs which will be required for installation, what file systems needs to be created on local disks of both servers?

Thanks & Regards,

Manish Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Oracle Binaries will be on both the systems and only DB related datafiles/data drives will be on SAN level

2. not sure if you have access to service market place, if you do refer below link that helps with Hp-ux installation procedure

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000670917&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

Page no 85 and session 3.4.3 talks about Setting Up File Systems and Raw Devices for HP-UX

-Sekhar

Edited by: sekhar on Mar 1, 2010 8:00 AM

Edited by: sekhar on Mar 1, 2010 9:08 AM

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Thanks for your reply. On your recommendation I have reached on conclusion that I have to ask my unix team to create file systems in below manner:

Node 1:

/usr/sap

/oracle

Node 2:

/usr/sap

/oracle

SAN:

/sapmnt/

/usr/sap/trans

/oracle/SEP/sapdata1

/oracle/SEP/oraarch

/oracle/SEP/saparch

/oracle/SEP/redolog

/oracle/SEP/mirrlogA

/oracle/SEP/mirrlogB

/oracle/SEP/origlogA

/oracle/SEP/origlogB

/oracle/SEP/sapbackup

etc..

Kindly correct me if I am wrong in these.

Thanks & Regards,

Manish Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

it looks to me good.

-Sekhar

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Thanks for replying. I have few more queries about this installation, hope I will get answers for those also from this helpful forum:

1. I know that in HP-UX there will be cluster package to do the switchover work in case of single node failure, while in Windows MSCS we install OFS to do this task.

Is there any other config/installation needs to be done apart from installing ASCS, SCD & DB instance on HP-UX for this failover?

2. In windows MSCS we link oracle directories using junction file.

What process or file we use in HP-UX to link oracle directories to support failover?

If possible kindly let me know the steps to go through this kind of installation.

Thanks & Regards,

Manish Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I prefer not to compare windows MSCS clustering and Unix Clustering.

There are options in Unix clustering such as RHCS, SGeSAP, etc....

Not sure though whether HP-UX its own clustering suite as Redhat has. Please check with your hardware vendor.

Revert if any doubts.

Cheers....,

Raghu

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I am not comparing the MSCS and HP-UX Clustering. I am just asking for the process or steps needs to be done for Oracle fail over in HP-UX Cluster.

As I will be installing Oracle home in both nodes of the cluster then how both nodes will identify the Oracle data, arch and other files because in MSCS we use junction file to link both nodes, but in HP-UX I don't know how to do that.

Also Installation guide for HP-UX doesn't contains steps for Oracle Insallation on High Availability systems.

Hope you will understand and help me out.

Thanks & Regards,

Manish Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I am not quite sure about HP Unix clustering. Are you using any specialized software for clustering ? or Are you using HP - Unix OS level clustering capabilities ?

The Oracle home can also be placed in the SAN. I do not forsee any issues with that.

How many nodes you have for this HA installtion ? Two or Four or Multiple ?

Cheers...,

Raghu

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

My Unix team is using HP-Service Guard to create package for cluster for this installation...

I have two nodes in this installation.

Regards,

Manish Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thanks for the info.

You can place the oracle home in SAN and include the mount point in the switchover package.

Revert for further doubts.

Cheers.....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish & Sekhar,

On this type of file system configuration. After implementing the SAP and then if I login as <sid>adm into NODE A and if I type the following command will this work ...?

# sqlplus /nolog

SQL> connect / as sysdba

connected ...

Whether I will be able to connect to the DB ...?

Thanks

Kushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sekhar ,

https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000670917&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...

Above URL is broken can you please help to correct...?

Great Thanks in advance for your support.

Kushal