cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAProuter for Jco between Java and ABAP stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

When configuring Jco at Java only, there is an option to use SAProuter.

This is not for SMP download or OSS support.

So is there any document for this kind of SAProuter usage?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

SAProuter there you mentioned is used for connecting and forwarding requests from SAP servers to end users, because they are located at 2 different network segment and no direct routing for security purpose. Is this scenario what you have right now?

You could find SAProuter documents here: http://service.sap.com/saprouter-sncdoc

Regards,

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to explore the possibility to use an SAPRouter between 2 SAP systems, e.g. a JAVA system and an ABAP system within

our company LAN. Any blog about that?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't quite understand why you need SAProuter between 2 SAP instances, which means they locate in 2 different network segments and cannot communicate each other directly. But let's assume this scenario:

1. ECC in network A, IP 10.10.10.1;

2. Portal in network B, IP 192.168.1.1;

3. SAProuter has 2 adapters, IP 10.10.10.2 and 192.168.1.2.

Make sure all message server and dispatch info are maintained correctly in service file (or corresponding file on other platform) on all 3 hosts, and then when you configure Portal Jco connection routestring you need is /H/<SAProuter IP>/S/3299 to enable them communicate each other. Usually this is for security purpose of potential network attack to SAP hosts from user IP, for instance:

4. All public users in network C, IP 172...*, then you need a SAProuter which has 3 adapters.

Regards,

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why is that you want to use SAPROUTER between two systems which are on your internal LAN ?

What is the you are going to accomplish with this ?

Cheers.....,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

When configuring the Jco between EP and ABAP, there is an option to use SAP router.

We want to see whether this option will make the Jco more secured when transferring data .

Please advise. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the java server, tha saprouter and tha abap syste mare all in the internal company network, using a saprouter will noit add any security but, for sure, complexity.

This configuration might be usefull if the J2EE server is in a DMZ. In that case you would use the saprouter for several J2EE servers and several aba pback office with only one port and one IP open in the firewall.

But I think, this is kind of an overkill...

An other case would be if a wan network is used between the J2EE server and tha abap back office system.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the expert help!

Olivier: I notice 2 OSS notes -- 815837 and 816032 which imply some additional security by using

SAProuter within company's LAN.

Would you experts have a look and input your opinions?

Thanks!

Answers (0)