cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After SARA Archiving of IDocs, delete Archive?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've successfully deleted old IDocs (~500,000) from my development system (NW 7.0) using SARA, and now have a directory on the filesystem with 800MB of archive files.

I'm not going to need these archive files ever.

Can I delete the archive files from the filesystem?

Is it as easy as that, or is there a way to do this from SARA or related transactions?

Many Thanks,

Darryl

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The choice may be different in every company but, for example, in my company we delete automatically the idoc archive files.

An automatic script deletes these idoc archive files one week after they have been created.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Olivier,

Thanks for the response.

Does deleting the files leave any "links" in SARA that are unresolved?

i.e. Does SARA need to know about the files or does it only list the files it can find according to the IDOC archiving object directory path customising?

I just want to be sure that removing the files is not going to create issues if we decide to implement archiving of other objects and want to keep the archive files accessible.

Thanks again.

Darryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Darryl,

> just want to be sure that removing the files is not going to create issues if we decide to implement archiving of other objects >and want to keep the archive files accessible.

That is exactly what we do : we delete the idoc archive files but we, of course, keep all the other objects archive files.

Regards,

Olivier

Answers (0)