cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad MAC error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gems,

In soap sender scenario, JAVA application got Bad MAC error trying to post the request through my WSDL(PI).

Please let me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Prabhakar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when I google for "bad mac error" If get a lot of hits.

Give it a try

seems to have something to do with SSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exact error:

<SOAPFaultException - FaultCode [Server] FaultString [Server Error] FaultActor [null] Detail [<detail>

<s:SystemError xmlns:s="http://sap.com/xi/WebService/xi2.0">

<context>XIAdapter</context>

<code>ADAPTER.JAVA_EXCEPTION</code>

<text>

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error transmitting the message over HTTP. Reason: java.lang.RuntimeException: Error while silently connecting: org.w3c.www.protocol.http.HttpException: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: bad record mac

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to be more like a connection between Aapter Engine and Integration Engine..

I can see messages is Communication channel monitorring..Validation is done(PI 7.1) sent to queue and the error...

Let m know what type of HTTP configuration required for the connectivity between AE and IE..

Thanks

Prabhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

I am facing the same problem with the soap sender channel in prod since 2 weeks. I have checked the certs and evrything looks good.

iaik.security.ssl.SSLException: Peer sent alert: Alert Fatal: bad record mac in the soap sender channel. Customer gets this error and when he retries the same for 4-5 times the message is getting processed successfully. This is not happening all the time.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Edited by: Srinivas Reddy on Mar 4, 2010 12:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Please check whether this link helps

I protocol handler can be specifid at server jvm paramters at config tool.

The parameter is java.protocol.handler.pkgs

I specified my protocol handler to avoid using iaik's protocl handler and it worked. We are sending this to SAP to see what is the problem with iaik's protocol handler.

see whether it works for you. I will also give a try and see

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venkat,

Did you resolve this problem?

Thanks,

Srini

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

What keystore do u store the certificate in, looking at the error i am guessing its not stored in default.

Can you confirm.

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

we have resolved the issue. Our IT team has made the NIC changes and it has resolved the problem.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

We are experiencing the similar issue. Can you please explain how you got this error resolved. what kind of change is the NIC change ?

Thanks

shanth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kenny_scott
Contributor
0 Kudos

poster advises the issue is resolved. None of the replies appear to have directly helped find the solution