cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same number range for two different series groups?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

There are two scenarios

1.Normal export under bond case, series group is 20 and number range maintained,running number is 300016

2.Another scenario,where ARE1 document generation for Deemed exp customer(already customised) , series group is 30.

But, client requirement is , for this second scenario also, system should pickup running number range of series group 20(under bond case) as per excise legal requirement

Ie running number is for series group 20 is 300016

For the above deemed exp case (second scenario)it should pickup 300017

And again when they do under bond case(first scenario), it should pick up 300018 like that

Is it possible to maintain the same number range for two different series groups(20 and 30)?

Even if you maintain the same number range for 30, as per running number range of 20

Will the system update simultaneously the same number range for 20 and 30 series groups?

Please suggest the way.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you maintain the same number range in SNUM for both the series group, your requirement can be met.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Actually I maintained same number range for both the series in J1I9

for example the present running number maintained for both series is 300016

when i do one senario(say 20 series),it is taking next running number300017

But,when i do second senario(say 30 series),again it is taking same number 300017 only.But my requirement is it should take300018.

can you please eloborate your suggetion?

Former Member
0 Kudos

With two different series groups, it is not possible to have the same number range. Even if you maintain it, they will be treated independently.

Normally, you should not use different series groups if the same number range has to be used. In fact, the concept of series group has been developed to ensure that number ranges can be maintained separately.

Regards,

Aroop

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member330517
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello GB

Its not possible to have same number range for two grp , it can't select the number range like that . so check out one more time the requirement & update

Regards

Venkat