cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make portal parts disapear when a user get inside the application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have written a Web Dynpro application which involves in a lot of GUI. This causes the application and the portal to have a lot of horizontal and vertical sliders.

In order to give some more space to the user, is it possible that when the user get inside the application the other parts of the portal (Top-Level-Navigation, Detailed Navigation, Header iView etc) will disappear and when the user exit the application all of these will come back again?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I found one solution: The default view will not do anything but open the application in a seperate window outside the portal. This is an acceptable solution but I'd rather leave the application inside the portal page... Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

After 18 months of pain building a CRM Webshop solution in a customer's portal and going live, the outstanding problem was the lack of screen space for all of the portal headers and the ISA menus.

The only options we could come up with were to either change the iView so that it was a full-screen version and opened in its own window or to completely remove the webshop from the Portal and open it as a seperate application from a link in a portal iView.

Neither option was perfect and the customer still hasn't decided what to do going forward.

I think this will be a common problem going forward as Enterprise Portals start becoming more and more popular and we end up building ever more complicated applications - unless the users have large monitors with high resolutions we end up with lots of scroll bars and a very rubbish looking interface!

I think SAP need to think about this for future EP releases - there needs to be a way of reducing the size of the portal headers. Of course, the customer's own theme can sometimes be a problem with logo's and pictures taking up half the screen!!

Gareth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ryan,

I couldn't agree with you more. At least I am not the one who has the problem...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

If you stay with the workaround of opening the application in a new window,

there is a more standard way to do it:

Check out the property <i>Launch in New Window</i> of the page the WD iView is in.

Cheers,

Yoav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Yoav,

Good 2 hear from ya..

10X for the advice but since I would like to give the users both options I set the application as is and created a link at the main page of the application in order to enable users to open it in new window.