cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Spool Reporting Transaction Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is regarding any available report on Log entries after a transaction is executed background.

Scenario and Example:

For ex. After running TCode:CO88 through background job, it creates some log entries which can be viewed through the TCode:SM37 and checking the spool entries.The log will contain the list of records processed and also how many where errors etc. I need this log to be checked through another available Transaction, for ex if i enter the User id or the Program id or the Date of execution in the selection screen i should get this log in a report format.

Reason:

Our users are not given the authorization for the TCode:SM37 and they need this log entries.Right now as a application user we download the log into Text format and send them but we need it to be available to the user without the SM37 authorization.

I tried searching the SDN but couldnt able to get the solution.Also i tried with the transaction SLG1 but it doesnt show this log.

Is there any solution for this?

Regards

Andrew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SMX is the substitute of SM37, but in SMX user can see their own job log only.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

H,

Thanks for your reply.

We have a hiccup in that transaction.Actually we are running the background job in a different user id which is used especially for background jobs.So i couldnt use the TCode SMX as it filters only the logon user's job spool.

Instead of the Transaction i tried to find out the program for the transaction codes SM37,SM37C or SMX where i can use a variant or a 'Z' transaction out of it but unable to find a program where i can use the variant.

If some one knew the program id for tCodes SM37 or SM37C or SMX help me out.

Or if there is any other alternate soluion for this kindly help me out.

Andrew

Answers (0)