Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 5.3 Open SQL select syntax question

0 Kudos

I am in opensql witin GRC and I am trying to select all the rows from this table but I want t restrict my where clause on the attribute ation date > 2/26/2010 but I need the syntax to convert the actiondate ( 2009-10-19 15:16:56.403 ) so that the where clause understands that I want rows with an actiondate > 2/25/2010.

select * from VIRSA_AE_RQ_HST

where pathname='AVESKA_AUTOAPPROVE'

Attribute (column table names ) for table VIRSA_AE_RQ_HST

REQNO

HST_ACTION

ACTIONDATE

USERID

ACTION_VALUE

DESCRIPTION

PATHNAME

STAGE_NAME

ID

DEPENDENT_ID

Sample Data

1177 ROLE_APPROVED 2009-10-19 15:16:56.403 75000010 YRS:IT:GEN:USER_GEN D11CLNT100 AVESKA_AUTOAPPROVE AUTO_APPROVE 29179 29177

Desired SQL

SELECT * FROM VIRSA_AE_RQ_HST

WHERE

pathname='AVESKA_AUTOAPPROVE'

AND

actiondate > '2/25/2010'

Edited by: Rene Griffith on Feb 26, 2010 9:19 PM

• SAP Managed Tags:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try actiondate > to_date('2/25/2010','mm/dd/yyyy')

Regards

Sudhir

• SAP Managed Tags:
4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you try actiondate > to_date('2/25/2010','mm/dd/yyyy')

Regards

Sudhir

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi

I tried executing this statement but getting this message in opensql

ERROR: The SQL statement "SELECT * FROM VIRSA_AE_RQ_HST WHERE pathname='AVESKA_AUTOAPPROVE' AND actiondate > to_date('2/25/2010','mm/dd/yyyy') " contains the syntax error[s]: - 5:21 - SQL syntax error: the token "(" was not expected here

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi Rene, In SQL server below query works fine, please try this

SELECT * FROM SAPEP7DB.VIRSA_AE_RQ_HST WHERE

PATHNAME='AVESKA_AUTOAPPROVE' and

ACTIONDATE > convert(char,'2/25/2010',101)

Regards

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Thanks but it is complaining about this too. This one is definitley puzzling with the date. Thanks for your persistsence to help.

ERROR: The SQL statement "SELECT * FROM SAPEP7DB.VIRSA_AE_RQ_HST WHERE PATHNAME='AVESKA_AUTOAPPROVE' and ACTIONDATE > convert(char,'2/25/2010',101) " contains the syntax error[s]: - 3:14 - Intermediate-SQL syntax error: CONVERT or TRANSLATE function not allowed - 3:22 - SQL syntax error: "CHAR" is a reserved keyword and cannot be used as an unquoted identifier

• SAP Managed Tags: