cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up connection to SAP server on SAP Logon Pad

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed SAP on my desktop at Home successfully. It is up and running fine. The desktop is connected to Router.

I have a laptop with SAP logon Pad. How do i setup the connection on my Laptop Logon Pad to connect to my SAP on my desktop?

The following is what i tried:

1. I am able to Remote desktop connect to my desktop successfully from anywhere as i setup Port forwarding in my Router. Now i am able to RDC to my desktop from anywhere even from my office network. So now i know that my desktop is reachable from anywhere.

2. I have setup Port forwarding to SAP in my router with default port assuming as 3200. I have setup the connection in my Laptop Logon Pad as the IP address concatenated wtih the Port number. For. Ex: IF the IP of my modem is 75.72.180.164. and my desktop IP is 192.168.2.3 then i setup Port forwarding in my router as 3200 Port <-> SAP<>192.168.2.3 and i had the IP address on the logon pad as 75.72.180.164.3200. So i thought when the request reaches the IP it will look for 3200 Port in router and send it to the local IP which is 192.168.2.3 which is my desktop and it will invoke my SAP. This concept didn't work. I am not sure if i am going in the right path.

Please let me know what i should be doing to connect to my desktop SAP server from my laptop Logon Pad.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Go to system > status, check for fully qualifed name of system use that instead of ip address,

hope this will help to connect.

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

0 Kudos

I have tried that option. It still doesnt connect.

I am getting connection error message - connection to host SYSTEM, service sapdb02 timedout. Do you want to see the detailed error message.

Please let me know how to troubleshoot.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

please paste error,

are you able to oing SAP System?

or is it dropping?

do a trace : tracert to find where packets are dropping.

Thanks,

Prasant K Paichha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Have the same issue. If you got any solution Please let know the solution and the steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please clarify something for me....

SAP is installed on your home desktop.

The Logon Pad is installed on your laptop.

If you connect both machines on the same network (behind the router) does it work?

Another test you could perform if you are attempting to come in from the outside, (not necessarily secure, but as a test) you could place your desktop in the DMZ of the router which should put it out in the "world" and try a connection.

Also, there are additional ports which may need setup. You may want to verify this with the SAP port documentation [here|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/4e515a43-0e01-0010-2da1-9bcc452c280b].

Regards,

Zecher