Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurement priorities in SNP heuristics

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Here is a scenario in which i need some help. A product can be procured from two vendors A and B. So we have transportation lanes set up for those two vendors .

The requirement is to keep procuring from A until the capacity of A is met. Once A's capacity is fully used (say if A can only supply 100 EA a month we want to procure the 100 EA from him ) we want to start procuring from B . How can this be achived with SNP heuristics ? We do not want to run CTM or optimizer.

I do understand that we can set up procurement priorities in the transportation lane , but then how do we check the capacity of A and once it is fulfilled how do we divert the orders to B ?

Thanks

Saradha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any possibity to achive this requirement using a custom table and BADI's provided.

In the table we can define the quantity planned for supplier A and B.

In the Badi, we will retrieve the info from table and can filter the orders for B.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Since the planning is happening in APO, this can be acheived by maintaining quota in R3 and as well as using C5 user exit of publication type (APO outbound).

What you need to do is maintain quota in R3 with quantity limitation in R3 for first vendor and then for second vendor with infinity. You need to have both transportation lanes in APO with equal priority.

Once you have Heuristic run and then C5, now here you should write th logic to look at the quota in R3 and then add the source to the PRs until it reaches the max quantity and then assign the second vendor to the rest of the PRs within the month.

This works, we have similar scenario, but ther is no second vendor, so the next PRs will be without source.

OR

You can have inound quota maintained in APO with an average percentage of supply from the first endor and then remaining from the second vendor within the month. This percentages can be vary month to month. This is simpler, but you need to have rough cut supply extimation of the first vendor.

Hope this works

Thanks

Venkat DR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saradha,

I dont think you will achieve thisby heuristic. I was thinking for long time, but no way.... you will find some obstacle whenever you think, tht, you are close to the solution.

But you can depend on the average.. I mean you can get the average value of procurement quantity from A, say 100 as you said,.. then define tis quantity as minimum quantity @quota arrangement (frm a & b) at A,. You can try this..

Thanks,

Satyajit