Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap erp ehp4 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Im with some doubth:

1) I have installed the SAP ERP ECC 6.0 SR3 (its with SP11) new and fresh instalation

I want to install EHP4 on this.

Do I need to install EHP1 then EHP2 then EHP3 then EHP4 ? or with EHP4 last is enough?

or better choice:

2) I saw at service.sap.com/swdc

Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group" SAP Application Components" SAP ERP" SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE" EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01

51036888_11 BS 7 SR1 Installation Master Windows Server on IA32 32bit

51036902_1 SAP ERP 6.0/NW 7.01 SR1 Inst Export 1 of 6

What its mean? 6.0/NW ? its come with ERP with EHP1 "Plataform", then I upgrade with SPAM with:

51033594_1 SAP Enh. Package 4 for SAP ERP 6.0 1 of 10 ?

That's all?

(For me there is no problem install it whole again and delete last installation)

or,

any another suggestions?

Regars,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello my friend

First to your question 1, you could install EHP4 for ERP 6.0 directly in your existing ECC6 SR3 via SAINT, not stack-able patching. Download CD51033594, 10 of them in total. This is a faster approach if your WAS of ECC6 remains on release 700.

As you noticed, WAS release 701 (EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0) also was released last year. If your target system is EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01, then a new installation will be faster and less complicated. For new installation, find your media at:

SWDC --> Installations and Upgrades - Entry by Application Group" SAP Application Components" SAP ERP" SAP ERP ENHANCE PACKAGE" EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01 --> Installation and Upgrade --> your DB product, installation masterkernelexport these are what you need.

Regards,

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

"First to your question 1, you could install EHP4 for ERP 6.0 directly in your existing ECC6 SR3 via SAINT, not stack-able patching. Download CD51033594, 10 of them in total. This is a faster approach if your WAS of ECC6 remains on release 700."

Do I need to install more Support Package? SR3 is comming with SP 11 stack

if its for EHP3, its same logic?

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, same logic. Two ways to install as of EHP4: ehpi or SAINT, later is faster to go with if you're familiar SPAM/SAINT. Ehpi is more like another look of SAPINST and requires more steps than SAINT.

It does have a minimum SP level to meet, and I'm 99% sure that your SPS11 is too low to start installing directly. By the way, I remember SP3 should be SPS14... I did a quick search in Note 1143022 - Installation of SAP Enhancement Package 4 on SAP ERP 6.0, didn't find the prerequisite SPS for source system. But once you load the EHP packages into SAINT, it'll prompt you the minimum SP if your system doesn't meet the requirement.

Regards,

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thx u a lot for your help

im more familiar with saint

its possible then upgrade EHP3 to EHP then?

Other question

I have Stack 11, i want to install till 15 for example

i need to install stack 12 13 14 then 15?

or direct to 15 ?

Regards,

Amitt

Former Member
0 Kudos

> its possible then upgrade EHP3 to EHP then?

I assume you're asking how to upgrade to ehp4 if you already sit on ehp3: same way, load ehp4 packages in SAINT.

> Other question

> I have Stack 11, i want to install till 15 for example

> i need to install stack 12 13 14 then 15?

> or direct to 15 ?

Don't be confused, my friend. ABAP patching in SPAM is always stack-able, no way to jump to SPS15 directly from SPS11. You must load all necessary packages from SPS12-15, but you could define all packages in one patching queue without sitting and watching to confirm and start one by one.

Regards,

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

again

I just want to install ABAP instance.

I have Windows Server Standard 32bits

Its possible I install EHP4 FOR SAP ERP 6.0 / NW7.01 with 32 bits?

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

New installation on 32bit not supported any more by SAP......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Humm

but i have my ECC 6.0 SR3 in 32 bits ( i did a trick, copied the catalog from x64 to 32) and its worked 😛

and If I upgrade here to EHP4, do u think it would work? Because I did a check for Installation checker for EH4, and its OK.

its possible I do the same here?

Regards,

Amit

former_member198270
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit, My reply to your query would be SAP note : 1064635.

Could you check and let us know if you still have concerns ?

hope it helps.

Regards, Amber S | ITL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you could upgrade it directly. I meant new installation is not supported on 32bit. Like note 1064635 Amber found, you need to patch it to SPS14 then load EHP4 packages start upgrading.

Regards,

Answers (0)