cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need extra field in customer master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need a field or a way to add a person name in the customer master. This person will be the point of contact from my client to the customer for any queries. This personu2019s info will be pulled from customer master and provided on the payment notifications that will be sent to the customers so that they can reach out to this person for any queries.

Likewise does SAP provide any mechanism to add a person name in customer master who will be the point of contact from the company for all the queries from the customer? Can he be maintained as a partner function?

-Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best way to create another partner function by copying existing partner function "Contact person"

You can do this easily in the below IMG node;

Sales and Distribution / Basic Functions / Partner Determination / Set Up Partner Determination

Let's say, your new partner function is, sales representative - ZS

Then you can create relevant person under Contact person tab in the Customer master. If you assign it to sales document partner determination, same will get copied your sales orders/ Partner tab as well.

If you don't want to copy that sales rep to your sales order, you don't have to define a new partner function as I mentioned above. You can directly go to customer master/ Contact person and create a new contact person there. This will be in the customer master and it will not copy to your sales orders.

Hope this helps you!

Thanks and best regards,

Anupa

rajesh-2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

There are various fields available in correspondence block under tab correspondence of Company code view of customer master.

You can make use of these fields as per your requirement and selected field can be printed in your payment notifications which will be sent to the customers.

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh.

But these fields are for a person from Customer end like the clerk at customer. in my case i need a placeholder or a field that holds the point of contact from the seller(my cleint) to the customer.

Or Is there a way to add our own fields in any of the customer master tabs?

-Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak

Add new PArtner type and partner function for contact person.

Do the requisite partner determination for customer master and sales ,billing document.

Just adding a field in customer master will not suffice as in future owing to employee attrtion and further detailed requirements you may need to have more data about your sales person responsible for the deal.

Also This Point of contact may very if different people handle different product lines ,so only setting up at customer level will not give correct results.

You may use additional data fields in sales document header which customer can refer to for any inquiries ,issues in sales ,if u dont want to use new partner function.

Only make them Required entry using variants or incompletion log sothat it is filled for each document.

This will also help in deriving report details on sales using these fields.

I hope this helps

Regards

Mandar