cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Enforcer Implemntation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have experiance on CC &FF and never installed Access enforcer.So our company planned to go Access enforcer on exising landscape.

So how I can implement access enforcer, is there a step-by-step document?

Can I implement on same system where we are running CC?

Do I need to install any additional add-ons or components ?

How long will it take to implement for this compoenet?

Please give your thoughts.

- Jim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Himadama,

Currently we are running on GRC5.2, and iam the BASIS guy for this company.I have full access to SMP but never downloaded GRC type of best practice documents.Do you have the path where to go and look?

Approximately how long will it take to implement?

- Jim

former_member366047
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jim,

AC5.3 Best Practices can be found here: http://help.sap.com/content/bestpractices/crossindustry/bestp_crossindustry_grc.htm

Since architecturally AC5.2 is virtually the same as AC5.3, you can utilize the same project plan for AC5.3. However, AC5.3 does have functionality not found in AC5.2. For those details, you can view the release notes for AC5.3, also found on http://help.sap.com.

Ankur

SAP GRC RIG

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Himananda/Ankur,

As you suggested previously Workflow is mandatory for Access enforcer . do you have steps for which activity workflow require?

i need to submit this details to management.

- Jim

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jim,

I'm very sorry to say this, but if you want to give useful information to management, you better gain some product knowledge first - reading a few documents will most likely not be enough.

Maybe you should look into hiring a solution expert/consultant for a day or two to get some basic training, then you'll have a better foundation for your project.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jim,

As it is suggested by Frank, need to have the product knowledge thorughly before going to management.

As implementation of CUP will require lot of understanding of other areas including your landscape design, workflows with different modules & configuration HR trigerrs.

Please find the few features from CUP 😆

1) Automates, accelerates and tracks the user access request process using workflow for SAP and non-SAP systems

2) Integrated risk analysis and mitigation capabilities keep the system clean during compliant provisioning

3) User authentication from either LDAP or SAP systems

4) Password Self Service for end users

5) Automated email notification to appropriate parties

6)Actually provisions user accounts and access changes into the backend SAP systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Totally agree with Frank. Workflow is the heart of AE or CUP. It would be better for you to hire a consultant for the implementation.

Cheers,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Himadama,

Thanks for the info.What is CUP. And how it can be work?Is workflow is mandatory for this. Can we run Access enforcer with out workflow.Please give more details, if you have any steb by step documentations can you update.

Jim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

GRC Access Control - Compliant User Provisioning(CUP) (formerly Virsa Access Enforcer) - from AC version 5.3, it is CUP.

Yes, Workflow is mandatory.

I don't know whether this document is publicly available or not. Please ask your basis admin to download the GRC best practices. This is around 1.5GB size.

Thanks

Himadama

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

SAP had provided detailed documents on Installation/Configuration of AE (Compliant User Provisioning - new naming convention).

Please refer to AC Installation/Configuration Guides available on SMP.

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718172&;

and select the version of AE (CUP) you want to implement.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are working on GRC CUP first time, I would highly recommend you to look at the SAP GRC best practices document for CUP(AE). This has step by step for a 3-stage work flow. By following this step-by-step document,you will come to know number different steps required for a complete stage workflow.

If you have download authorization for service market place then download GRC best practices and look at them.

It doesn't take much time to implement this best practice scenario.

You could also refer the "GRC Access Control - Compliant User Provisioning (formerly Virsa Access Enforcer)" section in the following link:

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BPX/Governance%2C%20Risk%2C%20and%20Compliance%20%28GRC%29%20H...

Thanks

Himadama