cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Doubt Regarding Sender File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have File To Idoc Interface, File will be read from FTP Site( out side our Network)

I need to archive the files from that FTP site to Our XI Shared Archive Folders.

Selected Archive Option in Sender File Adapter, Do i need to select Archive Files on FTP Server Option Also??

Why this is for here and what purpose

REgards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Selected Archive Option in Sender File Adapter, Do i need to select Archive Files on FTP Server Option Also??

> Why this is for here and what purpose

If you want to archive the files on the FTP server, choose Archive Files on FTP Server. If the indicator is not set, the files are archived in the Adapter Engine file system.

I hope this answers your question.

Regerds,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

>>If you want to archive the files on the FTP server, choose Archive Files on FTP Server. If the indicator is not set, the files are archived in the Adapter Engine file system.

Means in my case do i need to set this indicator???

Iam trying to archive the files from FTP location to XI Shared folders

Iam not Archiving the files from FTP site to same FTP site another folder.

Please suggest me

REgards

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Means in my case do i need to set this indicator???

No, in your case you don't require to set Archive Files on FTP Server indicator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

If i didn't set this indicator means, my file adapter is archiving the files from FTP site to XI Shared folders with Zero Kb Size.

And also file is not removed from FTP site.

If i set this Indicator means , getting error in Sender file CC saying that

Failed to archive file 'CheckRequestExport.csv' as '
sapqasxi\Files\interfaces\US\ATR\ATR_Gelco_SAP Invoice_Details Interface\hist/20100226-162521-031_CheckRequestExport.csv' after processing. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 /sapqasxi/Files/interfaces/US/ATR/ATR_Gelco_SAP Invoice_Details Interface/hist/20100226-162521-031_CheckRequestExport.csv: Access is denied. '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Sarvesh,

>

> If i didn't set this indicator means, my file adapter is archiving the files from FTP site to XI Shared folders with Zero Kb Size.

> And also file is not removed from FTP site.

>

> If i set this Indicator means , getting error in Sender file CC saying that

>

> Failed to archive file 'CheckRequestExport.csv' as '
sapqasxi\Files\interfaces\US\ATR\ATR_Gelco_SAP Invoice_Details Interface\hist/20100226-162521-031_CheckRequestExport.csv' after processing. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 /sapqasxi/Files/interfaces/US/ATR/ATR_Gelco_SAP Invoice_Details Interface/hist/20100226-162521-031_CheckRequestExport.csv: Access is denied. '. For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

>

> Regards

So this means your source directory at FTP side does not have read/write/delete permissions. And if I am correct then this is the reason it is writing zero size file on XI folder. And when you check the option to archive the file at FTP location then it won't allows to move the file from one directory to other directory (achieve directory at FTP location). That's why you get the above error.

Contact your BASIS person, he/she will help you. Ask them to check the file & directory access permissions.

Edited by: Sarvesh Singh on Feb 27, 2010 4:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

If this is the case, when i didn't check the check box" Archive files FTP Server", iam able to archive it and but with ZERO Kb size.

If it is the authorization means it should not allow to create Zero size file itself right??

REgards

Edited by: Suman gupta on Mar 2, 2010 5:34 PM