cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP JCO Errors on AS400

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm getting the "Could not load middleware layer com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC" error. I've got my classpath and libpath set properly and my jar file is in the right place. This error only occurs once I deploy my application to the AS400 which is running WAS4 (can't remember the exact version). When I'm running the application locally on my laptop in WebSphere Studio Application Developer 5.0 (WS 4 test server) it runs perfectly with no errors. Is there anything besides the classpath and libpath that could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

This error will come when librfc32.dll and sapjcorfc.dll are not there in the system32 folder of windows. Both these files should be there in that folder and please alsp verify the version of these files.

Regards,

Sesh

ilja_farber
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Seshatalpasai,

it would be great, if you would distinguish between windows and other platforms (just FYI AS400 is not windows).

And you would do me a big favour, if you would read the JCo installation guide (at least for windows platforms). It is wrong !!! to put sapjcorfc.dll into system32 folder.

@Phil, each JCo distribution contains installation guide for all supported platfroms. I do not know, what do you mean by WAS4, but since you get this error:

a) WAS4 is SAP WebAS 6.20 and JCo component isn't installed properly

b) WAS4 is SAP NW04/NW04S and you include sapjco.jar in your deployment archive -> just delete it from your archive in this case

0 Kudos

Hi Gast,

I have got the same problem in Windows thats why I have replied to the message. I resolved it by keeping the dll in my system32 folder. If I come across any problem I would deffinetly go thru the GUIDE. Thanks for taking your time out to advise me.

Regards,

Sesh