cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project material requirements to consider plant stock first

Former Member
0 Kudos

In some ERP systems, we have project specific BOMs and when the requirements are exploded and netted, the system first tries to see if the demand can be met from plant stock. If full or partial demand can be met from the plant stock, the system recommends a stock transfer order from general (plant) inventory to the project.

Any unmet requirement generates a project specific 'mrp-planned' order (purchase or production recommendation). This way, the planners and financial can see what existing plant stock can be used for a project and they can use this info for financial planning. Once the planner determines that the existing plant stock is usable for the project, he/she can confirm and 'execute' the transfer order which prings the plant stock to the project stock. For engineering or technical reasons (single lot date code requirements) the planner can choose not to accept the stock transfer recommendation (either fully or partially) and manually create purchase recommendation to cover the quantity.

I have read some posts here but it is not clear that IN SAP PS if the collective indicator is set (or not set), would one be able to see, either directly or indirectly, what plant stock is recommended to be transferred as project stock?

Can the behavior of described ERP system be modeled?

Thanks, experts.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This topic is not answered, and I have the same issue:

I would like that with reservation on project (WBS), if I get unrestricted stock in the plant (of course if I get project stock, it is considered), then the system proposes a transfer order, or at least do not create a purchase requirement when running the MRP.

Is it achievable?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard SAP MRP calculations do not consider stocks available across stock segments.  There is no standard way to have MRP consider WBS stock and then Plant Stock.  You have to pick one or the other.

SAP PS offers requirements Grouping as a solution.  Research PS Requirements Grouping (you can also look up Grouping, Pegging, and Distribution, GPD but it is more involved)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Requirements grouping is not possible in our configuration (non valuated project stock)

Thank for your input.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If business is of single type product/ process/ one project or if number of projects and you don't see any difference with stock, inventory value and logistic movement in between the works for the same business line. Then it is recomended to use collective stock where stock/ inventory for all works/projects will be used from the same plant stock.

But, if the business needs to see to recording of Logistic movement and inventory as different for different works/ project, then it is recomended to go with project stock and individual requirement.

More over, if at the time of planning for required material along with project stock other stock needs to checked as well, then you will have to select appropriate scope of availability check in customization (OPJJ). If not, you can try with using user exit XMBF0001.

I hope it should be helpful to you.

Regards

Avisek Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

In regards to the availability check in OPJJ there is no mention of project or plant stock.

Looks like all stock on hand is considered in the check. So I don't see how a check for my scenario can be configured differently. But your line of thought seems right. I will double check but I did see priority of stock (plant or project somewhere.)

The ultimate goal is to be able to see how much of project requirements can be covered from plant stock and see this information so data can be extracted for financial planning (besides materials management) as described earlier.

Any thoughts?

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please also try the following settings in Material Master to consider the item from plant stock ..

View : MRP1

MRP Type : PD

Lot Size : MB

View : MRP 2

Procurement Type : F

View : MRP 3

Strategy Group : 70

Mixed MRP : 3

Availability Check : 01

View : MRP 4

Individual/coll. : 2

Thanks

Abdul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create a procurement key and give plant stock priority and use it while attaching the material component to activity or default in SPRO.

The path is SPRO-> Project System MaterialProcurementDefine Procurement Indicators for material Components.

In this case system will not pass requirement as Q it will pass requirement for normal stock.

Regards,

Muzamil