cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populate labels and fields dynamically in WD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a requirement to populate some fileds and labels as per the user input. For Ex. If user selects "Goods" in my web dynpro application then it should populate the fields and labels Quantity, UOM, Unit Price and Currency. If user selects "Services" then it should populate the field Amount and Currency and hide the fields Quantity, UOM, Unit Price and Currency. Bydefault when user logs in it should have Services selected and populated its corresponding fields. Shall appreciate if anyone can guide as to how do I proceed with this. I have seen some examples when I can toggle buttons but, how do I manipulate with fields and labels.

Thks & Rgds,

Hemal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Well I think you can do that requirement in different ways.

I recomend you to

Use a Transparent_container UI element. One for "GOODS" and one for "SERVICES" with its corresponding fields and labels for each one.

Create 2 attributes of type WDY_BOOLEAN of course one for goods and one for services.

Bind the "Visible" element of each Transparent container to the View Context.

Set as default true for Services. and false for Goods.

Now when you set the attributes to false you'll hide it, and of course when you set it to true yuo'll show it.

Note: You can use the "Web Dynpro Code Wizard" to acces the context attributes.

Any doubt I'll check it.

Regards. Gilberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gilberto,

I appreciate your response. I will work on your suggestions and get back on this note.

Thks & Rgds,

Hemal

Answers (0)