cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to connect to a legacy application that is running on Oracle 7. Is this possible from XI 3.0?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need to check the adapters supported by that application..

Also if requirement is to insert data then can directly use JDBC adapter...or check with Http adapter..if the application can be able to process the http request...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using the JDBC adapter and I have used this to connect to other Oracle databases. I am wondering if anyone has ever connected to an Oracle 7 database. I think the current Oracle Driver doesn't support Oracle 7 so I would need to have the current Oracle Driver plus the old Oracle driver working on the same system.

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gareth,

Please check this note:Note 941317 - XI / PI JDBC Adapter: Known Problems / Incompatibilities

PI supports jdk version1.4 and above and they are used for connection oracle 8i

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, you need the JDBC driver which supports Oracle 7. You cannot use the "current driver" (whatever that means, you probably mean a newer Oracle version). E.g. a driver for Oracle 8 or even 9 will not support Oracle 7.

You can check out on Oracle TechNet, if Oracle 7 driver is still available there (use the thin version, not the OCI, otherwise you would need additional DLL's).

Then the interesting question is if you can use this old driver with XI. You can give it a try.Install the driver in XI and make a test.

If you have already installed another Oracle driver in XI, it may be necessary to throw it out, I am not sure if XI can handle several driver versions in parallel (because the classname may be the same)

CSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I think you may be right about only being able to use a single driver. If we go back to a driver that can handle Oracle 7 connections then we lose the ability to connect to Oracle 10 DB's.

I will check Oracle TechNet and see what i can find out.

Thanks again.