Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: purpose of Personalization option (check box) while doing transports.

sreekanth_sunkara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i am creating transport request and we recently upgraded from ECC6.0 to EPH4, after the upgrade we are getting warning messages if we select personalization option, can any one tell me the purpose of personalization option while creating a transport request and what happens if i dont select it.

Thanks,

SS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing is going happen if yuo do not select personilazation.

Personalization is a way to save information that could be common to users, I meant to a user role... E.g. you can create SAP queries and manage authorizations by user groups. Now this information can be stored in the personalization tab of the role. (I supposed that it is a way for SAP to address his ambiguity of its concept of user group and roles: is "usergroup" a grouping of people sharing the same access or is it the role who is the grouping of people sharing the same access?)

Thanks,

Prasant

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing is going happen if yuo do not select personilazation.

Personalization is a way to save information that could be common to users, I meant to a user role... E.g. you can create SAP queries and manage authorizations by user groups. Now this information can be stored in the personalization tab of the role. (I supposed that it is a way for SAP to address his ambiguity of its concept of user group and roles: is "usergroup" a grouping of people sharing the same access or is it the role who is the grouping of people sharing the same access?)

Thanks,

Prasant

0 Kudos

Prasant,

Thanks a lot for your response and clarification, i will wait to see what others will respond with.

Thanks,

SS

0 Kudos

I normally select the check box for Personalisation while creating a transport because we have data in the personalisation tab of the roles.

Thanks,

Masood

0 Kudos

thanks for your response, but are they both related? i mean personlization tab and the personlization option in transport.

Thanks,

SS

0 Kudos

If you select the personalisation check box the information contained in the personalisation tab will be also be moved. But if you do not select that then it won't be transported.

Thanks,

Masood

0 Kudos

ok thanks

Thanks,

SS