SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imparting Qualification in Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are trying to impart qualification with module completion but when the student successfully completes the module, no qualification is imparted. I would appreciate if you can help me with this issue ?

Regards,

Kerem

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kerem:

In the standard system, the Qualification that is assigned to a Module is not automatically conferred to the student after Module completion (i.e. following grading commpletion iin Transaction PIQSMFU).

Qualifications are only automatically conferred as part of an assessment process (e.g. Graduation or Stage Completion).

I would suggest that you investigate using the Post Processing Framework to automatically confer the Module qualification after stuccessful completion of the Module.

IMG Path: Processes in Student Lifecycle Management>General SettingsPost Processing

Regards,

Patricia

0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

Thanks a lot for your recommendation. I will search some documents and try post processing. Have you used post processing for qualification imparting by module before?

Best Regards,

Kerem

0 Kudos

Hi Kerem:

I have not used the PPF before, however, I think it should help you to realize your requirement.

Regards,

Patricia

0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

Thanks, I hope I can figure it out.

Best Regards,

Kerem

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Kerem, in addition what Patricia mentioned I would also suggest that you take a look at the mentioned BRF transaction (=post processing framework) with application class ISHERCM_PP.

Here you should take a look at the event for module grading. The related event which is activated/run via PIQSMFU is AF01 (edit appraisal). In the content/structure of the post-processing event you will find the academic work status. You could use this event and structure (status) to create a post-process expression(check on status) + action which eventually will confer the related (sm-cq) qualification.