cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel Calls to PI Receiver File Adapter in Append Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a scenario involving Integration Process. one of the step in the Process is a File Send Step and the reciever File Adapter Channel is in Append Mode.

I have set Multiple Random Queues for the Process. So there will be multiple instances of the

Process at any point of time. What would be the behavior of File Adapter in Append Mode. Will it run to Locking issues, retries,failure,etc.

Any inputs in this regard highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sudharshan N A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudharshan,

>>I have set Multiple Random Queues for the Process. So there will be multiple instances of the

Process at any point of time. What would be the behavior of File Adapter in Append Mode. Will it run to Locking issues, retries,failure,etc.

Yes there can be locking issue. Why dont you set up EOIO mode in sender adapter and let all message go thrugh he same queue, in this way you can avoid the locking issue

Regards

Suraj

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use EOIO concept along with Maximum Concurrency option in receiver file channel. EOIO can be maintained from BPM

Give value 1 for maximum concurrency.

[Configuring the Receiver File/FTP Adapter|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm]

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on Mar 1, 2010 5:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I definitely need parallel queues.

I think EOIO in send step seems to be a viable option.

I will try that option.

Thanks,

Sudharshan N A

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

EOIO works only within IE, once it goes to AE it doesnt follow EOIO.

Hence use Maximum concurrency option under File Receiver channel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you are appending the file therefore do not set the multiple random queues otherwise you will face the locking issues and your file content at receiving end may be corrupt. So just use single queue to process the files one by one only.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats exactly my worst fears:)

Can you share some of the alternatives that can be adopted for this scenario.

Many Thanks,

Sudharshan N A

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Thats exactly my worst fears:)

>

> Can you share some of the alternatives that can be adopted for this scenario.

>

> Many Thanks,

> Sudharshan N A

i think you can never write to a file in parallel.

There will always be a lock on the file if it being written to by another application

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't use multiple queue, go for One Queue .

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All,

>

> I have a scenario involving Integration Process. one of the step in the Process is a File Send Step and the reciever File Adapter Channel is in Append Mode.

>

> I have set Multiple Random Queues for the Process. So there will be multiple instances of the

> Process at any point of time. What would be the behavior of File Adapter in Append Mode. Will it run to Locking issues, retries,failure,etc.

>

> Any inputs in this regard highly appreciated.

>

> Thanks,

> Sudharshan N A

Since you have set the multiple random queues therefore definetly it will go into locking issues.