cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Link to Action in the IDR-Header

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the IDR-Header is a standard Link-to-action "Help", which open a new window, with a help template (notes, FAQ, knowledge).

My Question: How can i changed the target of this link? The FPM will be used in the E-Recruiting 6.04 .

In the Component Configuration of the IDR, i can only change the visibility, tooltips, image-properties and the text. But not the target.

Best regards,

Michael Stenschke

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

yesrajkumar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

To display your content through Quick help:

To configure this help text inside your application configuration, press the button u2018Add Explanationu2019 in the

Action Area on the right hand side. An explanation can be defined for each subview and step/substep.

To configure an explanation you have two alternatives. You can enter a text of your own (type String) or you

can enter a document object which has to be created in the backend (type DOKU_OBJ). To create a

document object, use transaction SE61. Choose u2018General Textu2019 as the document class. Now you can create

these objects and use them within your application configuration. Afterwards it will be displayed within the

primary help.

We used this concept in the same E-recruiting Version as mentioned by you.

To display your Content through Help Link:

To do this you need a defined RFC connection AIO_FOR_HELP_LINKS to your Knowledge Warehouse system. More information: SAP Note 919660.

To Provide multiple links, see the below content from SAP help.

Multiple Help Links

You can also define multiple help links for Web Dynpro ABAP applications and windows instead of one single help link. These additional help links are displayed at runtime in the help center under Helpful Links. You can create help links using report WDY_AUTHORING_HELP_LINKS.

Help can be called at runtime by choosing F1 or the Help button in the title bar. The help center and the window for the respective application are then displayed. The explanation for the quick help, the Knowledge Warehouse documentation, links to the SAP Library, and links defined for the application windows are contained in the help center.

You can create a link in the application so that the application itself can trigger the help center. Proceed as follows:

1. Insert a LinkToAction into your view.

2. Insert a non-validating action.

3. Define the following source code for the action:

data: l_api_componentcontroller type ref to if_wd_component.

data l_appl type ref to if_wd_application.

l_api_componentcontroller = wd_comp_controller->wd_get_api( ).

l_appl = l_api_componentcontroller->get_application( ).

l_appl->open_help_center( ).

To change it in the runtime, i.e to provide the links during the runtime.

data api_main2 type ref to if_wd_view_controller.

data component type ref to if_wd_component.

data application type ref to if_wd_application.

data application_info type ref to if_wd_rr_application.

api_main2 = wd_this->wd_get_api( ).

component = api_main2->get_component( ).

application = component->get_application( ).

application_info = application->get_application_info( ).

application_info->set_help_link( 'HELPTYPE=SAPHELP&_LOIO=452C8201E9EF48D882BD10244D085661&_CLASS=BIC_OOO' ).

Thanks,

S.Rajkumar.

I039810
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rajkumar,

I referred to the note that you had stated and configured the AIO_FOR_HELP_LINKS correctly. However after that I am not sure of how to link my help - could you please suggest?

I can see that in web dynpro application I need to click on 'Help links' and add info objects - but how I am not sure.

Thanks,

Shalini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

was anybody able to change the target of the help link in IDR ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Were you able to change the target link dynamically / statically either way . Please let me know, as I have a similar requirement.

Regards,

Saujanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dynamic Override of Application Help Links

If in your Web Dynpro application you do not want the help link defined for the application to be displayed in the help center, and you would rather display a link to a different help topic, you can override the application help link dynamically. To do this use method SET_HELP_LINK of interface IF_WD_RR_APPLICATION and specify APPLICATION_INFO.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/44/336208da18060be10000000a155369/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

i am afraid this help in FPM_IDR_COMPONET is not configurable.

it calls the open_help_center of the if_wd_application interface/implementation in de sap core i guess.