cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport ack in the file adapter

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have gone through the blog /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

and i understand the functionality of the transport ack in the async send step..

what i want to know is there a way to do processing like if the ack is positive then say transformation step 1 should be performed else transformation step 2 will be performed...

in short how can we capture the ack for further processing

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The scenario in the blg ends with the Block step....in your case do not end with the Block have the rest of the steps after that.

The only indication that the Send has been successful is that the control comes out of the BLOCK step....so place the Transformation step outside (after) the BLOCK step...if there is no exceptio then it will be executed and hence the indication.

Now if -ve ACK then have Transformation step in the EXCEPTION branch.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhisek,

What i understand is Positive ack or negative ack...the send step will always be completed ( provided u have taken care of deadline in case of negative ack)....so send step will never be in error...

then how do u differentiate

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
so send step will never be in error

Then what was the use of Deadline/ Exception Branch as shown in the blog by Michal?

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i suppose deadline branch will be used only for a time limit

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Time limit in what case? The two paragraphs after the Acknowledgement Not Possible screenshot should help!

The purpose of the deadline step is to forcefully make the Send step go into Execption....this is the ACK!

Answers (0)