Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SAP Installations - Antivirus Exception List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We've installed vanilla SAP products (ERP6, Netweaver 7, Solution Manager 7) on Windows 2008/ Oracle.

They all standard Central Instance builds and have default directory structure layouts as per the installation documentation.

A question that I have been asked by an infrastructure collegue, is does SAP have an Antivirus Exception List for any of it's files, paths, etc?

As I don't know the answer to this, can anyone shed any further light?

Thanks,

Chris

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no standard exception list. SAP disaproves the use of filter driver and so antivirus on access scan.

That said, it is usually mandatory in most companys to set the on access scan.

We had to do it and to make our own exclusion list.

The most important is to exclude the database files.

On my test Netweaver Java EP 7.0, the system startup is 20 minutes with the antivirus on access scan and 10 minutes without...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Olivier,

If there's no standard SAP exception list, then I think we'll use common sense and not apply antivirus rules to where it is likely to affect performance - sapdata files, etc.

Also, there's no web based external connections to our systems (all ABAP stacks apart from SolMan), so they're largely hidden behind the Business Firewalls too.

If anyone knows of any reasons as to what areas with the SAP infrastructure that would particularly benefit from an antivirus scan, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos

Chris,

On our Windows SAP servers we use shared directories for interface data files.

Some users have write access on these directories. So they are vulnerable and the antivirus is a good security measure even if there is also an antivirus on the user's PC.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

probably this might add a question rather than an answer. the topic was raised so Ithought to include in the same thread. I have seen this application component BC-SEC-VIR many times in many places on SAP documents, but never used or not even looked into how it works(please check sapnotes: 786179,817623). any ideas.

0 Kudos

Hi,

BC-SEC-VIR is a component designed to scan the content of your database.

I would not implement it until the CEO is giving me the order !

PS: Yes you can store viruses in a SAP database but who cares ?

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Enough to go on here, thanks for your replies.