Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt on IDoc Config

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi xperts,

May i request for clarifications on points to consider for configuring inbound and outbound idoc?

I have read couple of blogs for reference yet posting to get more clarification

what all configs required in R3 to post idoc to xi and vice versa? and in this case what basic points to be considered...something like logical sys name to be same as business syste etc? pls share .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need to follow like this

SAP R/3

1. Create a partner profile using tcode we20 (need to maintain an entry in tables based on partner type)

2. Create a RFC destination of Type 3 pointing to XI

3. Create a port and assign RFC destination

4. Create an entry of outbound message type and assign port..

PI

1. Create a RFC destination of type of 3 pointing to R/3

2. Create a port using idx1...and assign above RFC destination name

in order to receive the data from R/3 business system/service created for R/3 should contain logical system name as partner profile name...created in R/3

Hope this clears all your queries...

Regards

Rajesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to be much specific, what are the steps to be taken for sending idoc from r3 to pi?

In R3:

1. Create RFC dest PI

2. Create port SAP<PI sys id> and link rfc dest

3. create logical system ??? (what will be the logical sys naming convention and is it jus one logical system for PI to be created?)

4. create partner profile and add the messagae type etc

In PI:

1. create RFC dest to R3

2 Port to R3

are these just enough? pls correct if anything is wrong here

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
to be much specific, what are the steps to be taken for sending idoc from r3 to pi?

I found this document helpful: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d19fe210-0d01-0010-4094-a6fba344e...

Regards,

Abhishek.

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yup checked it but i was looking for config steps involved in R3 and XI when message is required to be transmitted from R3 to PI

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you miss this then: [http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAPR3(Idocs)ToXI--StepsSummarized|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SAPR3(Idocs)ToXI--StepsSummarized]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes your understanding is correct...

no need to follow any particular naming convention for partner profile...based on your org standards you can follow..

also no need to create the port in R/3 with SAP...naming convention..it can be anyname...

if you are trying to send any master data idoc..then you need to create the distribution model...for the same...

HTH

Rajesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thkx.

1. Is it required to maintain outbound and inbound parameters in partner profile?

2. Why it is required to have the naming convention for ports in XI alone?

3. How will the idoc be mapped to the right interface?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In order to send an idoc from SAP to other systems....then need to maintain the outbound parameters in that clients partner profile name .(check scc4 for your clients logical system name associated)..and need to associate the message and port to that....

you need to maintain the inbound partner profile parameters in case if you are receiving the idoc from external systems (like PI)..

to SAP...for processing the same...

It is the standard in PI to maintain the naming convention as SAPXXX XXX is system name...for connecting to that..(exact logic behind is not aware by me..)

once you have the details like sender system..idoc type ..then based on that you need to create the receiver determinations..interface....blah..blah..in PI..so that it will process. the correct mapping.

HTH

Rajesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thnkx rajesh....

i jus realized:

1. Is it required to maintain outbound and inbound parameters in partner profile?

For sending message from R3 to PI, it is just required to have outbound parameters added with Message type, port etc. In this case no inbound parameter is required

This is determined by IDX2 and recv determination

correct me if i'm wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

This is determined by IDX2 and recv determination

idx2 will contains the metadata of the idoc and frames the xml using this metadata for boht inbound and outbound idocs...

only Receiver determination will help in mapping to the right interfaces..

Regards

Rajesh

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yup got on tht.....i had some confusions on the existing setup and eventually landed in writing this thread to get things cleared.....j. thkx for ur replies.

sbuttler77
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Which IDocs are you going to send to XI?

For master data IDocs such as MATMAS or generally data replication you usually define logical systems and a distribution model whereas for EDI IDocs such as ORDERS or DESADV your don't but instead send the message to a customer.

Regardless you will have to define partners in WE20, ports in WE21 and a RFC destination that points to your XI box.

Its a good idea to configure output determination as well if your doing EDI.