cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating SRM version control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to deactivate SRM version control for a contract documents. It was activated once, but too many versions of documents create only confusion. I have deactivated it but it still creates a change version and assigns a guid number to each version, each time i changed the doc.

So the question is; it is possible to deactivate SRM document version control once it has been activated.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the BADI: BBP_VERSION_CREATE_CONTROL is active or inactive status, check withe ABAB person.

This BADI work " Enterprise Buyer calls the BAdI each time the document is saved, when a contract is released, for example"

Regards,

Suneel Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sorry...Please check as below with ABAP person.

BADI: BBP_VERSION_CONTROL

Method: BBP_VERSION_CREATE_CONTROL

Regards,

Suneel Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi cck

in contract you must know history who is did what is done.

this is not like sc . only creator and manager / buyer changes alloed and we can track easily.

GOA can be changed by any one. Keep good practive. to have a version management active.

tomorrow auditor will come and ask who and all changed this contract and when it was created, etc.what you wil do cck?

Muthu

Edited by: Muthuraman Govindasamy on Mar 1, 2010 8:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you set the config at version control for documents, it should work.

Check the Version control BADI implementations.

If you want to control at field level set the flags for BBPD_COMP_FIELDS tabke from SM30.

Thanks,

Ravi Nelluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The version control flag in SPRO or in the above mentioned BADI is dictating the creation of Historical version of the document. It is the historical versions that keep records for the document change/release trace. Once you have deactivated the version for BUS2000113 (contract), no historical versions should be created for NEW contract documents created after your change.