cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save attachments from Travel Management in external DMS (DOCUMENTUM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

We are currently implementing the Expense Management part of SAP Travel Management. There, users can attach documents to expense reports. These documents are saved via GOS (not ArchiveLink) in the SAP DMS using class CL_FITV_GOS.

Our goal is to save the documents not in SAP but in an external system (DOCUMENTUM from EMC2). We did this in the past in another SAP system by customizing KPRO, but so far we don't find document types or other information to configure the system.

The link to DOCUMENTUM is up and running, we are looking for the customizing of the GOS/KPRO part.

Would be great if somebody could help us.

Many thanks & Regards

Damian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ou tof interest sake, why don't you use ArchiveLink? This is the preferred method of storage for documents. I.e. set up documents, link them to a repository ID and then store them in Documentum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Athol

If possible, we don't want to change SAP Standard. Because of this, we look for a way to redirect the storage location withouth changing the application

Regards

Damian

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not need to change SAP standard to setup Archivelink.

Setup the documentum repository in OAC0

Setup a document type in OAC2 (You can call a Z naming convention so you don't change standard)

Setup up the link between the document type and the repository in OAD5 deciding on the method of storage (i.e. do you create a work item when storing the document or link to an existing travel claim)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There exactly is the issue. We couldn't identify the document type used in Travel Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

See page 241 onwards here:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCSRVARLSC/BCSRVARLSC.pdf

If you copy one of the existing sample travel document types it should give you the object you require.

Edited by: Athol Hill on Mar 2, 2010 5:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archive Link is used for the centralized scanning scenario (optical archiving). But we are using the attachment function. These documents are not managed in ArchiveLink but in GOS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Archivelink is not limited to scanning. It's for storage of any static electronic documents which do not require versioning.

The "Store Business Document" option found in GOS is ArchiveLink.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's when I attach it manually using the GOS-Buttons, isn't it?

I just had another look in the source code of the class and followed the code to some top include. It looks like SAPOffice is somehow involved. Is this GOS, too?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup. If you look at the menu, there are two options. Create attachment uses the sap database, store business document uses archivelink. Until it's configured properly, the store business document option is normally greyed out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In SAP Portal, the GOS functionality is not available as in SAP GUI.

In the Create Expense Report Webdynpro, a button 'Attachments' is available. There you can select the documents you want to add. It also shows you the already attached documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ah, this would explain your problem. We had the same issue with the new CRM UI but SAP rectified this for us. You could try log an OSS note, but it would probably take a while before this is fixed. The create attachment functionality is not a secure storage area so I would still suggest you use the ArchiveLink option and build your own button in the portal, or modify the existing button to send to ArchiveLink

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you tell me the OSS note? We tried to get help from SAP but it was not accepted as error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Damian,

We are thinking of using the "Attachment" button at portal to attach travel receipts and then send then to an external archive system.

Were successful in sending them to documentum??

Any info you could provide, would be a great help.

Thanks

Edited by: Susan Thomas on May 27, 2010 5:57 PM