cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

product allocation - auto distribution

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

SAP documentation (SAP Library) states that in Product Allocation, allocation quantities can be entered at material level, and the quantities will be automatically distributed among the lower levels, as the following example:

MATERIAL (level where quantity is entered) (5000 pcs)

CUSTOMER GROUP A (3000 pcs)

- Customer 11 (500 pcs)

- Customer 12 (800 pcs)

- Customer 13 (1700 pcs)

CUSTOMER GROUP B (1500 pcs)

All others (500 pcs)

now, we already did the following (but we still manually enter the allocation quantities for each customer):

OV1Z

OV2Z

OV3Z

OV5Z

OV4Z

OVZ0

OVZ8

MC61

OVZ7

MC62

OVZ9

however, we do not know where to set up the percentages so that the customers are automatically allocated quantities based on percentages. for example, how do we set up the allocation so that we just have to enter 5000 pcs at Material level, and then Customer Group A will automatically get 3000 pcs, and Customer 11 will automatically get 500 pcs?

if there are resources or threads currently existing, please point me to the right one.

many thanks!!!

warmest regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member720197
Participant
0 Kudos

Could you give some more details on your exact requirement. Because some time you are telling you want allocate the qty at customer group and some time at material level.

Regards,Babs

Former Member
0 Kudos

i think i see how, but please correct me if i'm wrong...

in MC62, the first level that will be shown (assuming info structure S140) would be sales organization. so this will be the first level of the allocation hierarchy.

clicking on the "next level" button will bring us to distribution channel. the next levels would be customer group and then sold-to party.

i guess this is where we set the percentage distribution. but how does the system determine to which material this allocation refers to? by virtue of assignment of the object to the material master? and if another material needs a different allocation distribution, we need to define a new set of allocation procedures/objects/structures?

many thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again,

i tried copying the settings from S140 to my info source in MC25, but i still get error message VQ245 when processing sales orders.

also, when i look in MC94, the distribution of allocated quantities is equal among sold-to parties regardless of what i set in MC61/MC62. what steps did i miss?

Former Member
0 Kudos

anybody?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
but i still get error message VQ245

Please have a look at note 217261

You can also have a look at the following notes

a) 106611

b) 679410

c) 676128

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

many thanks, lakshmipathi!!!!

one last thing.... is it really possible to input total allocation quantity at material level, and the system will automatically distribute the quantities down to sold-to? and is it via MC61?

my warmest regards!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

we figured how to do automatic calculation of product allocation. first, in MC62, we indicated the desired proportions. then, we did MC9B so that the customer's percentage share of the allocation quantity will be taken from the planning hierarchy and not actual data.

after this, we go back to MC94, in the active version, we enter the quantity at material level, and the allocation for each sold-to is determined automatically.

many thanks.