cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registration of PI components in SLD

Former Member
0 Kudos

PI 7.0 server was setup successfully on wid 2003/oracle, after all the post configuration steps. Am not able to see the PI structures under technical systems -> exchange infrastructure in SLD. I can only see Adapter ENGINE, Integration server and Doamin, but not IR, ID, RWB. .

SLD is running on the same PI server.Exchange profile and all the related PI users and passwords are fine

Have gone almost all the related threads in the forum, implemented teh note 1117249 but no luck.

Requesting to experts to give me a roadmap to troubleshooting furhter.

Thanks,

Durga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logon to your PI NWA

Choose Configuration Management > infrastructure> application modules

restart the applications for the missing PI components:

com.sap.xi.directory (Integration Builder/Configuration)

com.sap.xi.rwb (Runtime Workbench)

com.sap.xi.repository (Integration Builder/Design

After restarting above listed application Modules try to perform CPACache full Refresh and then Open ID & IR

These steps should register missing PI components in SLD.

Many times issues get resolve with these steps, but if you still issue persists please write back.

Regards

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I tried this earlier, anyway I tried again what you had mentioned. Did a full CPA cache refresh and SXI_CAChe as well but it didnt work.

And also when I go in to ID and from a environment ->> cache notification section getting an error message Adapter Engine cannot be found in Integration Directory. so had to recreate teh technical and business system again but no luck.

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

> when I go in to ID and from a environment ->> cache notification section getting an error message Adapter Engine cannot be found in Integration Directory. so had to recreate teh technical and business system again but no luck.

Follow all the steps as suggested in the blog /people/venugopalarao.immadisetty/blog/2007/03/15/adapter-engine-cannot-be-found-in-integration-directory .

Hope it helps !!!

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

I did followed the blog 6077, it didnt work. Not able to find a clue to troubleshoot furhter, do you think its SLD configuration issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi durga,

Logon to your SLD system useradmin (http://<SLD host>:<http port>/useradmin

Search for all Service Users (PIISUSER, PIDIRUSER etc...)

ensure you have Group SAP_SLD_ADMINISTRATOR/LcrAdministrator added for all users, especially the service user that you are using in your PI-SLDAPICUST transaction.

Restart your PI

-Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Tired this as well, same issue persists. Not seeing any solution apart from reinstalling PI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

certainly reinstalling is not the solution.

Probably it requires some more attention, if you can provide more in details to my personal/office id then probably we can take it further..

There are other areas like exchageProfile values, Associations in SLD etc.

-Sekhar

Edited by: sekhar on Mar 1, 2010 2:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks sekhar.

i added 2 parameters in exchange profile under connections section,

com.sap.aii.connect.integrationserver.r3.mshost - hostname

com.sap.aii.connect.integrationserver.sld.name - is.00.hostname

this is may be in the case of HA, but I just gave a try.

do you want me to implement note 764176, which talks about inconsistences in SLD contents

I will email you further on your personal /office address.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, note 764176 always helps. Try to implement and see if that helps in making any progress.

-sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

did applied the note but still no progress. so finally had to drop java schema and added PI back again. after the post installation , everything is fine now and I could see all PI components registered in the SLD.

suspecting problem might be due to incorrect configuration earlier.

Thanks all for your help.

Durga

former_member183898
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

I am not sure once the PI7.1 system will be ready by BASIS Team (with EHP1) with the required specificaiton ,what steps need to follow to configure the SLD components like SWCV,PRODUCTS etc?

And who should perform the registration of PI component and if client doesnt know about the specification needed to PI components then who should provide this?

Will it be responsibility of PI BASIS adminitstrator or Infrastrutre Management Guy?

Thanks for help!!

Pushkar