Did you mean: 

BOE XI 3.1 - Universe Export Restriction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Our configuration's are

BOE XI 3.1 SP2.

Windows AD authentication

In our organization we have few developers and few Super Users (Power Users).

Both Developer and Super Users have Universe access. So by default both Developers and Super Users can do Import, Export, Edit and Save, etc functionalities in Universe.

Here my question:

Is it possible to deny 'Export Universe' or 'Save Universe' explicitly to particular users who are all having UNIVERSE access?

If yes then i will restrcit 'Super Users' explicitly.

I have tried many options which are given in tutorial and businessobjects sites. but no hope.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

I would suggest that you have to deny the particular users explicitely the right to create and edit objects in the Universe folder.

Go to the CMC->Universes, navigate to Manage->Top Level security->All universes. Add your particular users as principals there. You can even create previously a user group and set the rights for the group itself. Then select to Assign security and go to Add/remove rights under the Advanced tab. Here you can explicitely deny your users to create and edit objects in this area/folder. That would be enough to stop the specific users from exporting the universes they create into the BOBJ repository.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

If i deny 'Create or Edit Objects' then will the users can create objects in the universe? my scenario is 'user can create or modify objects. but they should not export backt to repository.

I am very new to ADMIN role. So sorry about my question.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

The Create objects authorization in the Universes folder will allow users to export a new universe (that they created on their local designer installation) in the BOBJ repository.

The Edit objects authorization in the Universes folder will allow users to export a modified version of an existing universe in the BOBJ repository.

Your users will still be able to add objects in the local copy of the universe but if you deny the above rights they ill not be able to export the universe in the BOBJ repository.

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brilliant !!..

This is worked me... Thanks thanks a lot for your such a help.

Note: i was busy with some deployment work. That's the reason i did not reply earlier.

Answers (0)