cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialog Instances Java are not up after System Copy NW2004s SR2 ABAP+JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I have just performed a system copy of our BW system (douple stack NW2004s) wich consists from CI and 2 DIs. First I made an export using SAPINST (Software from SAP_BUSINESS_SUITE_2005_SR2 for sparc solaris), where I choosed in SAP Installation Master->SAp Netweaver 2004s Support Release 2->Additional Software Life-cycle Tasks->System Copy->Oracle->Source System->Central System->Based on ABAP and Java->Database and Central Instance Export. I couldn't find any special task for export java from my dialog instances, so I thought it would be ok like that. Then I used the same software on my target system, choosed ...Additional Software Life-cycle Tasks->System Copy->Oracle->Target System->Central System->Based on ABAP and Java->Central System Installation. In the Dialog input phase of SAPINST I indicated that use db specific tools to copy your database. So I made the database restore+recovery with our DB tools and continued withthe SAPINST and Import.

Afterwards the ABAP part and Java on the central Instance run perfect, but Java Stack is not up by both of Dialog Instances. I have checked the configtool on the server where the CI is running (the DIs are running on different linux servers) and couldn't see any entries for my dialog instances, only the CI was seable there. I tried to start configtool from the application server, but there I could find only the file config.properties in the directory /usr/sap/<SID>/.../j2ee/configtool/, others were simply not there, so it was impossible to start it. Have i forgotten something by EXPORT/IMPORT or I should just use other software for coping a System with douple stack on a CI and DIs? Or should I get configtools for Linux platform ( have searched but not found yet) and try to make the same changes wich i have done by the CI before i started Java on the CI? The most irritated point is that i can't see the dialog instanes in Configtool from the CI.

Any other suggestions and good advices?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards, Polina

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have this same issue. SAP Global Support told us that we have to reinstall the dialog instances. If you find another way to do this without reinstalling, please share this information.

Cindy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to SAP Note 970518 - Hom./Het.System Copy SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) SR2. Also check the trace files from work directory for exact error messages.

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you recheck the start profile of your target system CI ?

PS: this post is in response to: P. Leibman.. it has got addressed incorrectly..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay-Basis ,

yes, they look same as before, the same SID ID etc.. Should I check them for something special?

I have copied the instance profiles, which i saved before i started the system copy, back. So now the same instance profile are used as before. The same

j2ee/instance_id are in use for dialog instances as before.

regards, Polina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj, </p>

I have founded following information in the work directory of one of my dialog instances ( where the java stack doesn't want to start after the copy): /usr/sap/SID/instance/work/ <br>

1) std_server0.out is in the condition before the system copy, no new data was written there. <br>

2)dev_disp <br>

DpJ2eeStart: j2ee state = STARTED<br>

DpJ2eeLogin: j2ee state = CONNECTED<br>

Fri Feb 26 12:58:04 2010<br>

• ERROR => DpJ2eeMsgProcess: NiRead failed (NIECONN_BROKEN) [dpxxj2ee.c 1212]<br>

DpJ2eeMsgProcess: j2ee state = CONNECTED (NIECONN_BROKEN)<p>

Fri Feb 26 12:58:20 2010<br>

DpJ2eeEmergencyShutdown: j2ee state = SHUTDOWN<br>

Fri Feb 26 12:57:20 2010<br>

***LOG Q0I=> NiIBindSocket: could not delete file '/tmp/.sapstream64984' for hdl 2: unlink (1: Operation not permitted) [nixxi.cpp 3207]<br>

• ERROR => NiIBindSocket: could not delete file '/tmp/.sapstream64984' (hdl 2; errno=0) [nixxi.cpp 3214]<br>

• WARNING => NiIBind: Could not bind local domain socket, only listening on internet socket [nixxi.cpp 3491]<p>

It seems that java is trying to start but something goes wrong and it have to shut down<p>

3)dev_bootstrap<br>

[Thr 1086335296] JLaunchIExitJava: exit hook is called (rc = 66)<br>

[Thr 1086335296] **********************************************************************<br>

• ERROR => The Java VM terminated with a non-zero exit code.<br>

• Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'J2EE Engine exit codes'<br>

• for additional information and trouble shooting.<br>

**********************************************************************<br>

[Thr 1086335296] SigISetIgnoreAction : SIG_IGN for signal 17<br>

[Thr 1086335296] JLaunchCloseProgram: good bye (exitcode = 66)<p>

4) jvm_bootstrap.out<br>

...<br>

Exception occurred:<br>

com.sap.engine.frame.core.configuration.NameNotFoundException: A configuration with the path "cluster_data/dispatcher/ID264509300" does not exist.

..<br>

Exception occurred:<br>

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: Database initialization failed! Check database properties!<br>

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.initDatabaseConnection(Bootstrap.java:476)<br>

at com.sap.engine.bootstrap.Bootstrap.<init>(Bootstrap.java:146)<br>

com.sap.engine.bootstrap.SynchronizationException: No such Dialog Instance (ID264509300) in the database! Check database consistency or local Bootstrap properties!<br>

[Bootstrap module]> Problem occurred while performing synchronization.<p>

j2ee/instance_id = ID2645093 <--- that is the ID of those DI where i took these traces from. So it seems that this ID is not in the database at all. Probably the infromation about the java stack of my DIs was not exported at all...<p>

Thanks in advance. <br>

Regards, <br>

Polina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check the config tool parameters after system copy? If not please check following note. This helped me in the past.

Note 831812 - Config Tool shows incorrect parameters after System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

thanks for your advice. I have just read this note. In my case the main problem is that in the config tool i can see only instance_ID<NodeID> only of my Central Instance and not of my Dialog Instances. I don't see them at all. That means that the information about them didn't come from the database after the system copy. If I'd see them i guess the java stack would be also runing by my DIs. I have checked the instance.properties file and of course found there only the ID of my CI ( j2ee/instance_id = ID2681892, but not ID2645094 and ID2645093)

The Startup Framework starts the nodes using the parameter configuration in <j2ee>/cluster/instance.properties file which is synchronized from the database during the bootstrap process.

The instance.properties file is stored in the DB in the form of a property sheet.

The configuration of each node is stored in a separate property sheet and on update of the node's configuration, the instance.propertiespropertysheet is updated to reflect the node's parameter change (as instance.properties is compiled from all nodes' parameters).

Thus the Config Tool visualizes the content of the node's property sheet in the database and on modification, transparently updates the instance.properties property sheet.

I could restore the original instance.properties, which my Instance had before the system copy, but i'm not sure that if I'll put it on the place of the current instance.properties it will work fine.

I could also just install the Java Stack new, but it is not a really good solution. The question is if it possible to Copy an Instance with douple stack on CI+ DI sat all? ( my source system also has the same configuration: douple stack on CI+DIs)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Polina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Polina

What was changed for this system copy? OS hostname and/or SID? It sounds like there's nothing changed on Dialog instance side. If hostname or SID is changed, then you need to modify instance/default profile correspondingly.

I don't quite follow about the missing content in configtool directory, you mean configtool directory in CI+DB instance?

Regards,

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Effan,

>What was changed for this system copy?

I restored the data from the production instance into QA instance, so the hostname and SID changed. I did the system copy from thhe same production system and into similar BW instance, the only difference was that both parts had Java stack only at CI and not at CI+DI. Everything was fine. This time the copy went fine too, only the java stacks by Dialog Instances didn't appear after the copy at all.

>I don't quite follow about the missing content in configtool directory, you mean configtool directory in CI+DB instance?

I mean the configtool directory in DI (on my linux servers, where the dialog instances (DIs) are running). configtool directory in CI (runs on a separate server with SUN OS) is fine, all neccessary fiels are there.

Thanks in advance.

regards,

Polina