cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

administrator Used ID and Password Problem for UME / NWA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I cant seem to logon to 'SAP Netweaver Administrator' or 'User Management' on the index page using administrator user ID and Password.Also I can logon in Portal options 'System Information' and 'Web Services Navigator' with the same user but when I try to logon in 'SAP Netweaver Administrator' or 'User Management' it does not work.It does not throw any error but the result is the same login page.

Also, I can to access to J2EE Engine Visual Administrator with the same administrator user.

Additionaly, when I try to logon with that user and pass, the message 'User authentication failed' does not appear. That's indicates it is the correct user id and pass but it does not work.

Please suggest.

Best regards,

Himanshu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check if your user had administrator role/group assigned?

Regards,

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check if java certificate is added in abap stack.. and in the same way abap certificate in java certificate, and make sure they are in valid period.

make sure java certificate is with name SAPLogonTicketKeypair in key store of Visual admin

Hope this will help

Regards,

Kiran Madhu

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Himanshu,

Please enter your serevr IP and host inforamtion in the host file (Start>>Drivers>>etc>>host)

Then please try to check with direct URL for portal user management and SAP Netweaver Administrator NWA.

http://host:port/irj/portal

http://host:port/nwa.

Hope this will help you.

thanks

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

No It didnt work.I dont think the error is related to this.

Thanks

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my friend

Is the username of this "administrator user" you use j2ee_admin or administrator, which refers to a same type question: what's your UME configuration? AS Java local or pointed to ABAP? If it uses ABAP based UME, please make sure change the user type of j2ee_admin to service user to avoid password expiration policy.

Also which version is your NW? 700, 701, 710 or 711? Please paste full error message when it fails.

Regards,

Effan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Effan,

The User is "administrator".Also UME is pointed to ABAP.As I said before as well,I am entering the correct password for this user as I am not getting any ''Authentication failed error" but after entering User ID and password I am on the same page.

Thanks

Himanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then let's do a troubleshoot, pick a user in ABAP system and assign it role SAP_J2EE_ADMIN, log on UME management console with this user and take a look user administrator there in UME. Is it not locked with a valid password?