Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert in DP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am in DP 5.0.

My users want an Alert. Its really NOT based on Key Figures (like if forecast > history,, like that).

My req. is if Customer A is placed an order from another country (not belonging to him), an alert should be raised.

So i have Characteristics, Customer and Country and History Key Figure. So my thinking is how can i generate an alert based on Characteristics ? and looking at one Key Figure value ? I can manage if KF A is > or < than KF B or so. But not with Chars.

Can anyone pls explain to me in detail, if at all possible ? how to configure that alert.

Thanks

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closing the thread. Thanks to all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somnath,

I am not sure of BADIs or User Exits. Your link to Infoobject functions takes me to general DP help.

I dont get to the exact place.

venkat

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For details on User Exit (upto APO 4.1) or BAdi Macros (from APO 5.0 onwards) look up in SPRO

APO -> Supply Chain Planning -> Demand Planning ->

Enhancements -> Maintain Customer-specific Macros

Business Add-Ins (BAdIs) -> Macro Builder -> Additional Functions for Macros

Refer SAP Note 418801 for details on User exit macro.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Check out if you can use [Infoobjects functions |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm41/helpdata/en/1d/310eadd0ee11d4b2e40050da385632/frameset.htm] to code your macro to generate the alert. If its not going to help then you need to consider User Exit / BAdI macro depending on the APO Version you are using.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

PS: I have updated the link now to point to the InfoObjects Functions

Edited by: Somnath Manna on Mar 3, 2010 12:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

It is possible to generate alreat with macro.

Not sure it is possible in your case.

Regards,

Prafulla