cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Group on DMS doesn't works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

using SAP DMS on ECC6.0 (and EasyDMS 7.0) i need to segregate the activities on DMS depending from the Auhorization Groups specified on single DMS Document; basic activities needed are "maintain" or "view".

For this reason I've created different SAP-profiles, depending from the activities and the Authorization groups, i made an example than is for sure clearer than my explication:

- profile1_view_Auth_group1 (C_DRAW_BGR-BEGRU = grp1; C_DRAD_OBJ-ACTVT = 03)

- profile2_maintain_Auth_group1 (C_DRAW_BGR-BEGRU = grp1; C_DRAD_OBJ-ACTVT = 01,02,...)

- profile3_view_Auth_group2 (C_DRAW_BGR-BEGRU = grp2; C_DRAD_OBJ-ACTVT = 03)

- profile4_maintain_Auth_group2 (C_DRAW_BGR-BEGRU = grp2; C_DRAD_OBJ-ACTVT = 01,02,...)

In this way:

- an user with the profile1 can only display documents with Authorization Group grp1

- an user with the profile2 can maintain documents with Authorization Group grp1

- an user with the profile3 can only display documents with Authorization Group grp2

- an user with the profile4 can maintain documents with Authorization Group grp2

My problem is: if i wish than a user could maintain documents "grp1" and at the same time only view documents "grp2", I expect than linking profile2 and profile3 this works...but it isn't!! The user inherit the "maintain" activities "grp1" also on "grp2" Authorization Group!

There is a way to link activities (maintain or view) strictly to the Authorization Group specified on the same profile?

Sorry for my english...I hope than you've understood my problem, otherwise I'm available for further explications.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Alessandro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not problem of authorization group. Auhtorization groups you have created is OK. Have your created roles?

You have to define these groups in role. First create roles based on these activities and authorization groups.This is basis activity.

Then assign the roles whatever access you want to give to user. And user will be able to perform the assgined activities.

I hope this will resove your problem.

Regards,

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try to explain better...

I've created roles (see "profiles"...1,2,3,4) and I've assigned role2 and 3 to the same user (C_DRAW_BGR-BEGRU = grp1; C_DRAD_OBJ-ACTVT = 01,02... and C_DRAW_BGR-BEGRU = grp2; C_DRAD_OBJ-ACTVT = 03)

so, I expect than the user could create,modify docs with grp1 and just view dosc with grp2..

on the contrary the user can create,modify docs with grp1 and ALSO docs with grp2!

There is a way to set roles in order to allow a user to maintain docs with ah Authority Group and just dislpay docs with a different Authority Group?

Thanks and Regards

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

no more suggestions?

create a new Z_authority-check?

thanks and regards

alessandro

Edited by: ILpesca on Mar 1, 2010 12:06 PM