cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing SAP BI 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salutations.

I am in medium-size company and there is a project about implementing SAP BI 7.0

Actually a I know that BI component is an add-on, and it requires SAP NW 7.

My question is...

"Is there a guide about the implementation of SAP BI 7.0, or preparation steps to perform in the database???" (excluding technical topics like sizing process, infrastructure...)

The platform is Windows Server with SQL Server

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a BI installation you need to consider the fallowing things.

As BI is a Dual Installation (ABAP+Java) you need to find if you want to put both the stacks together or if you want to split the Java stack.

I have seen in many projects teh best practice is to separate the ABAP and Java stack due to heap size issues , memory issues.

Also Are you doing a stan alone isntallation , Distributed installation or a Clustered installation ?

please revert back if you have any questions.

Kind Regads,

vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

For this project, installation is Central and it's purely ABAP without Java stack.

Thank you for your comments

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can find installation guide on https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/instguidesNW70. You need to install BI_CONT add-on on top fo netweaver system. If you are planning to use BI-Java as well then you have to run BI template installer after installing the system. There you will find step related to BI as well.

For more information, you can check SAP Note 983156 - BI configuration w. Template Installer

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny.

First let me thank you for taking time to respond my question.

That information was excellent but I want another point of view. I want to know some preparation steps to perform before install the add-on BI-Content 7, (some detailed steps to perform in the SAP NW7 server before de add-on). Some database cleaning or some jobs to schedule.

Thank you

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First you need to install NW 700 and do the post installation steps as mentioned in the installation guide. As such there is no special steps to install BI-CONT. After finishing the post installation steps just install BI-CONT add-on and do the post-installation steps for BI.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Where can i get this post-installation steps about BI-CONT add-on installation.

To get the SAP NetWeaver 7 installation guide, i follow this path...

service.sap.com/instguides>SAP NetWeaver>SAP NetWeaver 7 (2004s)--->plan and install ---> (installation section) SAP NetWeaver 7.0 Incl. Enhancement Package 1 SR1.

There I choose SQL Server and Windows Server.

My question is the following:

"Which is the path, in order to find post-installation steps for BI-CONT?"

Thank you.