SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLCM help, sizing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have to install a SLCM in an ECC, I know that I have to instal EPC/ EP withe KM, I will need the SAP PI for any interface connection with any other applicaction. And I have read about CRM.

Is there a place where I can see a graphic or table where or what I need for the sizing of the ECC instance? in my cas there are 1,500.000 students will have access to the SLCM throught the SAP EP.

What can I do with the CRM?

Best Regards.

Pablo Mortera.

3 REPLIES 3

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Pablo,

Please send a mail to rob.jonkers AT sap.com. I will provide you with relevant sizing documents (focused on SLcM).

Regarding your SAP CRM question I assume you also mean sizing? If otherwise hereby some functional use in a nutshell of SAP CRM related to Higher Eduction; you can use SAP CRM beside (interfaced to) SAP SLcM for processes like register prospect students, mail-campaigning to students, prospects, alumni students and what you often see, management of alumni students top keep in touch with them.

br,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there another way to get the sizing without the XLS?

is there a place where it says:

100 users = 500 SAPS

100 users = 5 Gb of disk

I have 1900000 users. and I have to save it for 10 years.

Can someone help me, please?

Best Regards.

Pablo Mortera.

RobJonkers
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

Please check https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/sizing

This webpage will provide you the link to SAP's Quicksizer (for ERP!! No focus on SLcM) for more information regarding SAPS, sizing, etc. I send you the ppt which will guide you through the proces.

br,

Rob

PS another interessant link which will give you more insight on (ERP) sizing: /people/susanne.janssen/blog/2005/06/09/efficient-sap-hardware-sizing-quick-sizer