cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart form formatting error only in background , working in foreground

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working on a custom smart form , called in from a custom program. If i execute it in foreground i am able to see and print the form.

If i run it in background for the same data , i am getting a formatting error. The only thing different in background is that i am setting some output parameters. Here we do not print the form immediately , but create a spool request which is then picked up by a batch print job in the night for actual printing.

Here is what i am passing :

gwa_control-no_dialog = 'X'.

gwa_output-tdnoprev = 'X'.

gwa_output-tdnewid = 'X'.

gwa_output-tdimmed = 'X'.

gwa_output-tddest = 'XXyy' - " some value which is same for all forms in the client

gwa_output-tdreceiver = ' '.

gwa_output-tdtelenum = 'xxxxx' - " some value based on company code ( standard for all forms in my client )which is used as an identifier for printing jobs

really the question would be how can i procced. Also if there is something wrong with the output parameters would i still get a formatting error ?

I have already tried passing different combinations in the output params but nothings changed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StMou
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you past the error description ?

Rgds

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it myself.

I found out that, for the background mode, the dialog window was not getting supressed even though i had passed no_dialog as 'X'.

This was causing the smart form to raise the formatting error.

On further investigation noticed that i was not passing user_settings = space , when calling the smartform. This solved the trick.

dirk_wittenberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank's a lot for this solution!

I have been struggling with this issue for nearly a day now - blame on me that I didn't ask SDN earlie.

Regards

Dirk